• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako TRG-22 Magazine

Nope...

Lots of talk over the years, but to date a single TRG22 mag from Eurooptic @ $195 is the best price I've seen.

Welcome to the expensive (over priced?) world of TRG accessories.

Yep, what better way to solve a $200 problem than by spending more than $200? :p

To think that when I first got my TRG over seven years ago I got some magazines on E-bay for $69.00. In 2010 I purchased a couple from Eurooptic for $175.00 each. Fast forward to today, I keep wishing for a lower cost option, so far there is none that know of. My guess is if the demand (high) is there for them someone would make them.

Is it possible to chop off the plastic on the CTR magazine and make it fit a TRG? I thought they were the same sheet metal?

Is it possible to chop off the plastic on the CTR magazine and make it fit a TRG? I thought they were the same sheet metal?

I think you could grind it to fit but it would probably be easier to just take material off the TRG stock so that CTR mags fit. I've got a spare TRG stock that I may try it on.

Have never used ctr mags myself. Couldn't you just try swapping baseplates between ctr and trg mags to confirm if sheetmetal is the same without shaving anything?

Stamped metal baseplates would be easy enough to source aftermarket.

I believe that the TRG mags don’t have baseplates, just folded steel

This is correct, the base is folded steel. You could cut the plastic off of a CTR mount and Tig weld a piece of sheet metal to the bottom of it, but its not worth the headache.

There is no cheap solution to TRG-22 mags, you just have to bite the bullet and buy some spares. Keep an eye out on eBay, i picked 3 new ones up for about $100 a piece a while back.

A critique for the SAKO TRG has always been, despite the lower entry price point for a rifle itself, when the buyer adds factory scope mount, a bipod, a muzzle brake, and a few magazines, the price quickly catches an AI rifle.

Well. At least now I'll no longer be pulling my hair out trying to find a different option. Thanks!