• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako TRG 22, not all its cracked up to be?

execution long range

Private
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2014
Sweden, South Africa
Hi Guys,
I own a TRG 22 which has fired around 250 rounds ( Lapua Scenar 155gr), initial accuracy was around 1/2 MOA 100 meters and 3/4 at 300 meters. Not the 1/4 MOA some guys are getting but still okay. The rifle is fitted with a NXS 5,5-X56, NF rings and Sako picatinny as well as Sako muzzle break. A few weeks ago accuracy started dropping off and I sent the scope back to NF, but I also checked the TRG and found the following.
During recoil the barrel flexes enough to make contact with the front/side mount sling attachment screws housed in the chassis, there are clear marks under the barrel to show this. I also verified this by slipping a soft tissue paper between the barrel and the screws (taped to the sides of the stock so it wont move) it is a thin paper, not bunched or folded, after the first shot there was 2 holes in the tissue paper indicating that the barrel is absolutely making contact!
I was shooting off bi-pods on a concrete surface, I repeated the test using sand bags and although not as bad, the paper still had holes in it.
I did not remove the break to run a test without it.
Anyone else have this problem?
Surely accuracy would suffer because of this?
If it is indeed the break causing this, why would Sako approve it for use on the TRG 22.
Would you expect this from a "high end" factory rifle?
I love my TRG, but this makes me a bit skeptical about their quality and reliability, especially since the rifle has been back once already for failure to eject problems.
Maybe I just got a lemon:)

Thanks

If it stays MOA or under out to greater distance then I wouldn't sweat it too much. A lot of these "My gun will shoot .0000000001 MOA all day long if'n I do my part." stories along with the one photo of a small group are usually bullshit. They are usually a selected screamer group.

A consistent .75 MOA rifle pays the rent all day long.

Sorry for my stupid question. If the bbl is touching the scope during the shot, aren't you mounting it too low?
Also, may I ask if the break is sako factory or after market? Is it added later or it come with the trg installed when purchased The reason I am asking is, if the break is after market, I am not sure what it will do to the bbl harmonics. Most of time the break will cause the bbl to whip side way. But if the break is not OEM, it might cause bbl to whip up and down. Also, if the break is install afterward, it might not be leveled. Just my guess.

First post.... Either troll or a complete newbie.

Fails to use search function.... Comes here and blasts 1 of the top 3 factory rifles on the planet... an has zero photo evidence of what he is talking about.

I am going to file this into the A. Newb B. Shill C. Shitty Shooter or all 3.

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
Shooter has managed to make his barrel become floppy, it is a common flaw/problem with age and (ab)use of the barrel. :) I agree with the statements above, I have a hard time understanding the problem and how it has come to be. /Chris

another wild guess. .. is action torqued in chassis sufficient. if barrel is "wobbling" more when you shoot of bipod as opposed to supported "sturdier" sandbags, maybe action is a little loose causing some movement under recoil.

Reactions: stefan73
F
Fails to use search function....

The problem with the search engine at times is it will return so many hits that it's almost impossible to find what you're looking for. In this case I doubt the OP would find answers to his specific questions. And he appears to be asking an honest question with honest concerns so I would think folks would cut him some slack.

OP, I have no idea what's going on but hopefully someone with a working knowledge of what you are seeing will chime in. Also, a legit .25MOA rifle with a legit .25MOA shooter behind it is a very rare creature even for TRG22s.

L

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
I own a TRG 22 which has fired around 250 rounds ( Lapua Scenar 155gr), initial accuracy was around 1/2 MOA 100 meters and 3/4 at 300 meters. Not the 1/4 MOA some guys are getting but still okay. The rifle is fitted with a NXS 5,5-X56, NF rings and Sako picatinny as well as Sako muzzle break. A few weeks ago accuracy started dropping off and I sent the scope back to NF, but I also checked the TRG and found the following.
During recoil the barrel flexes enough to make contact with the front/side mount sling attachment screws housed in the chassis, there are clear marks under the barrel to show this. I also verified this by slipping a soft tissue paper between the barrel and the screws (taped to the sides of the stock so it wont move) it is a thin paper, not bunched or folded, after the first shot there was 2 holes in the tissue paper indicating that the barrel is absolutely making contact!
I was shooting off bi-pods on a concrete surface, I repeated the test using sand bags and although not as bad, the paper still had holes in it.
I did not remove the break to run a test without it.
Anyone else have this problem?
Surely accuracy would suffer because of this?
If it is indeed the break causing this, why would Sako approve it for use on the TRG 22.
Would you expect this from a "high end" factory rifle?
I love my TRG, but this makes me a bit skeptical about their quality and reliability, especially since the rifle has been back once already for failure to eject problems.
Maybe I just got a lemon:)

Thanks

Contact Sako because this is the first time anyone has been disappointed with there Sako!!!!!!!!

Hi Guys, my apologies if this post is in the wrong place and thanks to the "old hands" for the warm welcome:) Maybe I should make it more clear. The contact point is on the screws which hold the side attached sling mounting point, they go through the aluminum chassis, so contact is only at the bottom of the barrel right onto these screws. I may be a newbie here, but old enough to know a problem when I see it, besides had a long chat with the guys at Sako and they agree its not normal, rifle is currently with Sako, shipped last week. Action screws were torqued to Sako specs, standard Sako break and yes it is mounted correctly. Nope dont have any photos, didnt know it was a "prove it first" kind of case:) Will ask Sako to take some:) Thanks for the help, clearly I have no idea what I am talking about:):)

OP, I would, in this order, check that the action is torqued to the proper specs, remove the break, and try the tissue test again. If you are still getting contact, I would take it to a REPUTABLE smith, preferably one who advertises specifically for Sako repairs, or can show you one he has already worked on. Have him check it over and go from there.
Best of luck and welcome to the hide.

Is your rifle at Sako or beretta? If beretta then good fucking luck, their customer service is horrendous and they take forever. That alone is a major reason I'll never own another sako or tikka product.

That's a lot of barrel movement! Mine used to slightly contact the factory bipod or at least there was a little shiny spot under the barrel. However that could have been from R & I. But it certainly never bothered accuracy, my TRG was an honest 3/8 rifle, and yes that was all day long...

First post.... Either troll or a complete newbie.

Fails to use search function.... Comes here and blasts 1 of the top 3 factory rifles on the planet... an has zero photo evidence of what he is talking about.

I am going to file this into the A. Newb B. Shill C. Shitty Shooter or all 3.

Yeah he doesn't have 1000+ posts. He MUST be a new shooter. God I hate when people don't post as much as I do. Hell I met a guy once who had never been to a single internet forum because he was at the range shooting. What an idiot, right?

OP I'm sure Sako will take care of you. I'm not familiar with the TRG (sorry if that offends someone) but it could be a problem with the torque method used or the inletting

The TRG's do use a slightly strange method for mounting things at the front of the forend. Anything that mounts up there has to sit in the barrel channel, which of course takes up space between the barrel and the stock. If the screws for attaching the side sling mount were slightly too long then I could easily see them hitting the barrel. Additionally, you are limited with how large a barrel (in diameter) that you can put on the TRG without precluding the use of the factory accessories like the sling mount and the ITRG (NV rail).

This is why we went to extra measures with our Spigot Mount to prevent its mounting "system" from being so close to the barrel, and then just added threaded holes to the chassis for our Whiskey-3. Sako perhaps didn't want to add threaded mounting holes for whatever reason, in fact the backbone is barely changed since it was the TRG-21/41.

Hopefully Sako will get it squared away. Good luck,
Justin

Thanks Massoud, i figured its a combination of things, mounting method, barrel flex and the break forcing the barrel down. Was going to fit a break on the T3 Tac too, but maybe a can would work better.

Let me put my helmet on before I post my two cents, there's a lot of shrapnel flying around in here. elr, I've owned my TRG for several years and have shot the shit out of it. I've taken it completely apart a bunch of times; by the way what's a torque wrench?? Unless I have a brain fart while shooting she a 1/2moa al day, and yes I have the targets to prove it. What your describing is really weird but shit does happen. I certainly hope it's resolved for you. Oh! don't pay attention to the hand grenade throwers in here, just have your kevlar pot handy at all times....

The Trg is one of the most, if not the most accurate ,out of the box, factory ,best bang for the buck rifle you can buy . Yes the are man made and sometimes have an issue or two. I've had tigger issues on one but accuracy never failed.

Ok just checked my Sakos. First has medium palma contour barrel, 6.5 CM. The clearance between the barrel and the 2 bolts is ~0.7 mm, the smallest of three rifles. i shoot it with Sako bipod. NO MARKS on the barrel. The other two rifles are with original Sako barrels (.308, .338 LM) and have about 1~1.5 mm clearance. NO MARKS on the barrels from contact with the sling bracket mounting bolts.
All three rifles shoot 1/2 MOA or better.
Some suggestions;
-Unscrew the action from aluminum rail and check both surfaces, dirt or anything else can prevent parallel assembly.
-Check the aluminum rail for straightness.
-inspect action and action bolts threads.
-check barrel tightness to the action.
-Assemble with the proper torque.
-if all of the above is OK, check if 2 bolts protrude above nuts. if they do just shorten them

Attachments

• IMG_20140603_190557.jpg
    IMG_20140603_190557.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20140603_190646.jpg
    IMG_20140603_190646.jpg
    695.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20140603_190715.jpg
    IMG_20140603_190715.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20140603_190805.jpg
    IMG_20140603_190805.jpg
    630.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
tostado22 - I was thinking the same thing. I just joined this forum a few weeks ago, but have been around guns, hunting, reloading, etc., pretty much my whole life thanks to my WWII combat veteran Father (I'm 50+ and 8 years USMC). But, since I'm new to this forum and have only a couple posts, that must mean that my opinion and knowledge are shit, right!? What an arrogant load of crap! Not all of us have time to sit around being keyboard commandoes and opining and criticizing everyone else on here. Some of us actually get out in the sunshine (or other) and DO THINGS.

When your first posts are a bunch of ignorant bullshit making assine statements.......proving you:

A. do not have the experince to comment on the subject.
B. Give of a strong indication of being a counterstrike/gunclub myth type
C. Have zero reputation on this site to give you the benefit of the doubt

The Yes, people will call you out for saying dumb shit. Everyone claims to be a SS/SEAL/RECON/RANGER Space Shuttle Door gunner who has a Rem 700 SPS in .308 that shoots .25MOA groups with their CounterSniper scopes using Wolf Steel cased ammo @ a mile. Reality is not quite the same.

Furthermore, being around shooting does not make you competent. In fact, MOST shooters and people who identify as hunters/reloader/blah blah blah..........are just as fucking clueless and retarded as any cross section of society.

Being a combat vet really doesn't mean dick either. The Armed Forces are full of Privates and Terminal Lances who couldn't tell tie their shoe if their wasn't a FM and a salty E-6 to supervise them. In fact, there is more ignorance and myth in the military than there typically is on these boards.

So here is a piece of advice..... READ READ READ READ READ........and if your the field shooter/hunter you claim to be keep on doing that. Read untill your eyeballs bleed and then MAYBE you with start to have an educated knowledge base to be able to speak with authority on some of these subjects. 99.9% of the garbage being spewed from a newbs mouth, has been already discussed within the last month or two. The Search Function is a great feature. Reputation is EVERYTHING, and unless you come out the gate spitting out technical sound/correct information, then people will not care what you say until you have built that reputation up.

Small tidbit of advice for new members : You also might want to grow some thicker skin. Getting butt hurt when people call you out or challenge your statements is a quick way to bring the sharks to the blood. The best defense is being correct/logical.

Reactions: 308pirate
Not all it is cracked up to be??

Personal experience from running my TRG indicates otherwise. Then again, rifles are mechanical devices, assembled by humans and though the odds are exceptionally low of getting a lemon of a TRG, I would never say never.

That being said, you mentioned getting .5 moa before, so perhaps a judicious cleaning, followed by some load development is in order. Good luck.

Post script: Try some 175 SMK s and Varget.

Ok just checked my Sakos. First has medium palma contour barrel, 6.5 CM. The clearance between the barrel and the 2 bolts is ~0.7 mm, the smallest of three rifles. i shoot it with Sako bipod. NO MARKS on the barrel. The other two rifles are with original Sako barrels (.308, .338 LM) and have about 1~1.5 mm clearance. NO MARKS on the barrels from contact with the sling bracket mounting bolts.
All three rifles shoot 1/2 MOA or better.
Some suggestions;
-Unscrew the action from aluminum rail and check both surfaces, dirt or anything else can prevent parallel assembly.
-Check the aluminum rail for straightness.
-inspect action and action bolts threads.
-check barrel tightness to the action.
-Assemble with the proper torque.
-if all of the above is OK, check if 2 bolts protrude above nuts. if they do just shorten them

That is exactly the area I have the contact problem:) Thanks, appreciate it.

When your first posts are a bunch of ignorant bullshit making assine statements.......proving you:

The Yes, people will call you out for saying dumb shit. Everyone claims to be a SS/SEAL/RECON/RANGER Space Shuttle Door gunner who has a Rem 700 SPS in .308 that shoots .25MOA groups with their CounterSniper scopes using Wolf Steel cased ammo @ a mile. Reality is not quite the same.

Furthermore, being around shooting does not make you competent. In fact, MOST shooters and people who identify as hunters/reloader/blah blah blah..........are just as fucking clueless and retarded as any cross section of society.

Being a combat vet really doesn't mean dick either. The Armed Forces are full of Privates and Terminal Lances who couldn't tell tie their shoe if their wasn't a FM and a salty E-6 to supervise them. In fact, there is more ignorance and myth in the military than there typically is on these boards.

So here is a piece of advice..... READ READ READ READ READ........and if your the field shooter/hunter you claim to be keep on doing that. Read untill your eyeballs bleed and then MAYBE you with start to have an educated knowledge base to be able to speak with authority on some of these subjects. 99.9% of the garbage being spewed from a newbs mouth, has been already discussed within the last month or two. The Search Function is a great feature. Reputation is EVERYTHING, and unless you come out the gate spitting out technical sound/correct information, then people will not care what you say until you have built that reputation up.

Small tidbit of advice for new members : You also might want to grow some thicker skin. Getting butt hurt when people call you out or challenge your statements is a quick way to bring the sharks to the blood. The best defense is being correct/logical.

Yipp just crapped myself with fear:) Reading = Understanding, lesson one when there is a question mark after a sentence it is a question, not a statement! (exclamation = statement).
No I don't have a military/police or other state institution background:( All I have ever done is cull/hunt/kill over 1600 game animals with my little experience and ability with a rifle ( not counting clients game taken). Yes they did not shoot back at me, but smelling or hearing a Cape buffalo in vegetation so thick you cant see 3 meters ahead is not a scary thing either:) Neither is dropping a charging big cat at 10 or so meters:) No I don't think I am a great shot, but shooting a ostrich in the head at 250+ meters happens quite often, so does culling 70 animals a day with head shots only:) Hell, taking a head shot at 200 meters is piss easy when the animal is feeding away from you and head down, nice easy shot between the legs and in the center of the deepest V in the jaw bone for a between the horns ( we call them that in Africa=antlers) exit:) Its also from lack of experience and knowledge that you can hit a wounded animal on the run at 500 meters, I must be just the luckiest guy around:) Nope I would not know a thing about, bullets, ballistics, rifles, shot placement and screw ups unless I have read a few books, funny, who wrote the books? Guys who read other books, or guys who went out there and did the work and gained the knowledge and experience the hard way?
Thick skinn:) we get beat scared not talked or typed scared were I come from, may take a couple of beatings though:):)
Thats all from the ignorant Newbie with zero experience and zero reputation.

Pot meet kettle! You appear to be the thin-skinned little keyboard commando that I was talking about.

And, because a guy said he had trouble with a particular weapon, you called him a liar and incompetent. You, sir, are an intolerant, brash, know-it-all fool.

Anyways, go read yourself some "experience" that you can then go tell your buddies you "did".

Oh that's cute. Another fucking newb who fails at reading comprehension.

What exactly have you contributed to this site/shooting community?

BTW, for being such an "Intelligent, Old Salt", your writing and spelling sure does suck. Maybe you should READ READ READ READ READ.

Let me add one other thing, while I'm at it; your insecurity and "smallness" with yourself is out of control, you may want to go see someone about that. Jung would have a field day with your problems.

You are confusing intelligence with giving a shit. Please continute to comment on my MLA's esque writting and ignoring the fact you are both A a Newb and B. Have contributed nothing to this community.

Deflecting is unbecoming.......

About the OP btw, I noticed he added Swede- South Africa as location, we had a person entering a Swedish forum, with similar claims and thoughts about Sako TRG about 6 months ago, he to was called out and set straight.

Thing is one of the members at that Forum works for Sako Sweden and they knew about this person and his "problems" with his rifle, all related to the shooter and his use of the rifle. I feel that Sweden is not large enough for two persons having the same issue with there rifle, but I could be wrong.

/CHris

About the OP btw, I noticed he added Swede- South Africa as location, we had a person entering a Swedish forum, with similar claims and thoughts about Sako TRG about 6 months ago, he to was called out and set straight.

Thing is one of the members at that Forum works for Sako Sweden and they knew about this person and his "problems" with his rifle, all related to the shooter and his use of the rifle. I feel that Sweden is not large enough for two persons having the same issue with there rifle, but I could be wrong.

/CHris

If you are referring to a issue with a ejector that would not eject fired brass, but drop it back into the action, then you are right, that is me! Funny that the same "member" of your forum is the one that has on multiple occasions asked me if the ejection problem has returned or if the rifle is still okay, that is if we are talking about the same person that works for Sako and please quote the setting straight part for me, I must have missed that. Then also why would he request the TRG to go back once again if this was not an issue. Jipp met a few Swedes here that also "know everything" until you shoot the crap out of them on the range, big country for small minded people.

I've been shooting my TRG 22 for 10 years now and agree with Cobracutter it and the AIAW/AX are probably 2 of the best out of the box factory rifles. However i'd cut the OP some slack he may actually have a genuine problem unless proven otherwise. Where I don't agree with the OP is his statement the TRG 22, "I love my TRG, but this makes me a bit skeptical about their quality and reliability, especially since the rifle has been back once already for failure to eject problems." Painting all the TRG 22's with the same brush imo is a bridge to far. Maybe a couple of bridges to far just because his TRG 22 may have a problem.

You are entirely correct, knowledge can be gained by reading:) A sentence followed by a question mark = a question! A sentence followed by a full stop or exclamation = statement. Please check post heading if unclear.
Read, read, read, point taken, but consider how a book is written, experience I think they call it. No, shooting in excess of 1600 animals in my life counts for nothing, dropping wounded game at ranges over 500 meters counts for nothing, facing a big cat or buff at close range count for nothing. Making first round hits out to 700 meters count for nothing, all of it pure luck:)
No problem, were I come from we need to get beat scared not talked scared:)

I've been shooting my TRG 22 for 10 years now and agree with Cobracutter it and the AIAW/AX are probably 2 of the best out of the box factory rifles. However i'd cut the OP some slack he may actually have a genuine problem unless proven otherwise. Where I don't agree with the OP is his statement the TRG 22, "I love my TRG, but this makes me a bit skeptical about their quality and reliability, especially since the rifle has been back once already for failure to eject problems." Painting all the TRG 22's with the same brush imo is a bridge to far. Maybe a couple of bridges to far just because his TRG 22 may have a problem.

If that's how it has come across i do apologize, the TRG and AI were the two rifles I needed to decide between when I made the purchase, both great rifles and based on what i read about them I decided on the TRG. I do not intend to make as though all TRG rifles are problematic, but that my specific rifle is the odd one out. Up until Sako come back to me and say what they found, I cannot make that call. My question was to see if anyone else has had the same problem, nothing more. If you own a TRG and it works great, good, but what if you bought one and it did the same mine is doing?

In regards to that, were just exactly are you from? Do tell so that I can stay clear.

And yes it appears you are the same person that abuses the shit out of your gear and goes around the internet making a big cry about it, go figures. /Chris

Don't worry guys. He has a CAB as his profile picture so he knows what's up.

In regards to that, were just exactly are you from? Do tell so that I can stay clear.

And yes it appears you are the same person that abuses the shit out of your gear and goes around the internet making a big cry about it, go figures. /Chris

Chris, if you stay in Malmö I am right around the corner from you, but judging by you remarks I am sure we will never hang around the same places or people:):)
Okay, so you are indirectly saying that handling 1 of the top most accurate and durable rifles in the world a bit hard will break them? Shit Mate, you just pissed all over the TRG's reputation without any help from me:):)

Seriously,

what is the reason behind acting like an asshole and still using smilies, I stated abuse, you state use, I know the TRG will take the one and a lot of the other, however not for ever. In short I do not know you and for that I am thankfull. /Chris

Seriously,

what is the reason behind acting like an asshole and still using smilies, I stated abuse, you state use, I know the TRG will take the one and a lot of the other, however not for ever. In short I do not know you and for that I am thankfull. /Chris

" Small tidbit of advice for new members : You also might want to grow some thicker skin. Getting butt hurt when people call you out or challenge your statements is a quick way to bring the sharks to the blood. The best defense is being correct/logical."

I suggest you take a tip from a "experienced" old hand here. I am in fact not acting like an asshole, but I can see right through your bullshit and that is the reason for :) You are entirely correct, you don't know me and making the assumption that I abuse the TRG actually indicates who the real asshole is:) Old saying: if you assume you make an ass out of you and me, but I doubt you will get that:) I make a living with a rifle, my ass and my income depends on the condition of my rifle and if it will work when I need it to, so I take better care of my rifle than most people do!

A lot of these "My gun will shoot .0000000001 MOA all day long if'n I do my part." stories along with the one photo of a small group are usually bullshit.

These are only credible when they include a nice photo of the rifle. If they use the phrase "one ragged hole" they need a good backdrop, like some camo netting or a flag.

If that's how it has come across i do apologize, the TRG and AI were the two rifles I needed to decide between when I made the purchase, both great rifles and based on what i read about them I decided on the TRG. I do not intend to make as though all TRG rifles are problematic, but that my specific rifle is the odd one out. Up until Sako come back to me and say what they found, I cannot make that call. My question was to see if anyone else has had the same problem, nothing more. If you own a TRG and it works great, good, but what if you bought one and it did the same mine is doing?

In answer to your question if I had the same problem you have with your TRG i'd be frustrated as well. Imo some of the posters are way out of line with snide comments they are making on how you care for your weapons unless they are clairvoyant. In any case welcome to the Hide and don't judge all of us by the comments of a few.

Oh that's cute. Another fucking newb who fails at reading comprehension.

What exactly have you contributed to this site/shooting community?

You are fucking worthless to this site. Try shutting your mouth the next time you feel like virtually screaming at someone. I know it makes you feel like a real sniper to browbeat people but the true shooters and professionals don't feel the need to act an ass like you do. Go get laid or something.

You are fucking worthless to this site. Try shutting your mouth the next time you feel like virtually screaming at someone. I know it makes you feel like a real sniper to browbeat people but the true shooters and professionals don't feel the need to act an ass like you do. Go get laid or something.

Well said

Yawn.... You done yet cupcake?

Yawn.... You done yet cupcake?

Stop shitting all over the threads you're in, Cobrashitter. Try pretending that you're talking to people in person. Try acting like this is a community. Try giving folks the benefit of a doubt. Funny how the real action guys and industry professionals on this site are generous with their knowledge and don't screech obscenities and fling shit at every opportunity like you do.

Stop shitting all over the threads you're in, Cobrashitter. Try pretending that you're talking to people in person. Try acting like this is a community. Try giving folks the benefit of a doubt. Funny how the real action guys and industry professionals on this site are generous with their knowledge and don't screech obscenities and fling shit at every opportunity like you do.

Keep feeding the trolls...... they are hungry. Nice play on the SN, Want to lecture me on the high road, then take a look in the mirror.

I speak to people on here EXACTLY how I do in person. Proffesionaly and Personaly. Life is too short to suffer fools and idiots. My PM and Email box is full of people asking for advice so I could care less if your ass is chapped. They are gratefull and I am honored to be able to help them.

Catering to the stupid, ignorant and lazy is not something I do. Feel free to waste your time. This site used to be great before all the gun banner crowd decided they gota sign up and bring their local gun story myth to the interwebs.

You one of those real action guys? Your Projecting.

Hey dude, like I said: you don't HAVE to screech and fling feces. You were dead fucking wrong in this thread as proven by Massoud (who IS an action guy and who DOES NOT act like an ass, take note). I will also note that you continuously are in threads that are all fucked up. What's the constant variable there?

I'm not an action guy like you, of course. Just an infantry Marine with some deployments. You carry on with beating your chest online; it definitely seems like something you enjoy.

Hey dude, like I said: you don't HAVE to screech and fling feces. You were dead fucking wrong in this thread as proven by Massoud (who IS an action guy and who DOES NOT act like an ass, take note). I will also note that you continuously are in threads that are all fucked up. What's the constant variable there?

I'm not an action guy like you, of course. Just an infantry Marine with some deployments. You carry on with beating your chest online; it definitely seems like something you enjoy.

Sorry, I guess it is too much to ask to exercise a little common sense and do some simple diagnostics. The mere fact that a newb, with zero reputation here makes an assertation that TRG's aren't all they are cracked up to be because he is too green to do his own diagnostics, or even look in the barrel channel and say "oh here is a bolt sized scratched.....................Oh, here is a bolt that seems to be sticking out in the channel........and realize that the bolt is oversized or someone used the wrong bolt on the install. People got no problem spending many o thousands of dollars on top end gear yet don't have the knowledge base/common sense/mechanical aptitude to identify something that simple.

99 times out of 100, I am right. He won the newb lottery by not being 100% off base like the vast majority is. Funny how a bunch of other members said virtually the same thing I did, yet you are beating your dick on my post.

Let’s get something strait here. YOU are the one that are throwing around terms like "real action guys" and other innuendo. I did not claim shit. Stop trying to make an argument where there is none.

Semper Fi, LRI! You are exactly right about this guy. He's an arrogant, know-it-all fool because of his "smallness" and insecurities. And, I guarantee you, he does not talk to people his own size the way he does being a keyboard commando. Being brash and arrogant is the weak man's attempt at appearing to be strong.

The fuck do you know? You have been here all of 10 minutes and somehow think you rate an opinion? I might disagree with LRI, but I respect his experience and his service. How about you do yourself a favor stop while you are ahead.

If you have some issues then feel free to PM me, or we can meet anywhere from NOVA to Quantico to discuss it in person. Hell, you can be one of my guests at Quantico and can show me what a hard charging devil dog killer you are on the range. You can show me how to be a "big secure man".................

Last edited:

well fuck. its finally happened. i agree with cobra.

this is a stupid thread. ive started a few myself. basically a long bolt is rubbing your barrel. do you really need a forum of experts to say the fucking screw is too long? the only pint in the thread is to start shit towards your rifle manufacturer for whatever reason.. Besides the whole irritating back and forth BS cobra is fundementally correct. Most people are stupid. Say something intelligent and people wont fuck with you.. be a jackass and it will be non-stop. good luck to all involved and their respective rigs.

ps cobra. stay the fuck away from quantico :)

Last edited:
LOL! Yes, you are a funny little, insecure "man". Oooohhh, I'm a "newb" on this board, that really bothers me so much.... Oh yeah, that's right, it doesn't bother me Mr. keyboard- commando-badass-loudmouth! You are just another anonymous-Billy Badass hiding behind your keyboard. And, yeah, I know "come to NOVA, I'll show you". Knowing full well no one would be stupid enough to come to NOVA to beat your scrawny little ass, because you would have either A) the law waiting or B) 10 more of your keyboard commando buddies there with you. Any more than you would come to KY....

BTW, you may want to get out of your parents basement this weekend and get laid (there are hookers all over NOVA and DC and I'm sure there has to be one out there that would have sex with you). Otherwise, your little brain and your little ball sac may explode.

Resorting to threats now against members? You are off to a hell of a start.

You seem to be projecting............

Some people are only here to bitch and feed their ego. The moderators are clearly nowhere to be found or just don't give a flying fuck that every other thread is now turned into bullshit by the same people.

To answer OT: I've owned two TRG22s, shot many others. It is definitely not a <0.25moa rifle, maybe an occasional good group. I can get them to shoot 0.30-0.35moa consitently though at 100m. But as you mentioned in your first post, and answered your own problem, the barrel is hitting something which it should not.

Guys, don't feed Cobra's rants. I've been a member here for years (yet I have a low post count so I must also be a noob not worth anything, so take what I say with a grain of salt), and if there's one constant that I've seen it's that Cobra likes to pick fights and shit all over threads. The guy thrives on controversy, and exists here only to draw people into armchair confrontations. Just let it go and continue on with the original topic.