• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako TRG 22, not all its cracked up to be?

Guys, don't feed Cobra's rants. I've been a member here for years (yet I have a low post count so I must also be a noob not worth anything, so take what I say with a grain of salt), and if there's one constant that I've seen it's that Cobra likes to pick fights and shit all over threads. The guy thrives on controversy, and exists here only to draw people into armchair confrontations. Just let it go and continue on with the original topic.

Ignore the substance, attack the person because you don't like them....................Liberal argument 101. .

Who gives a fuck about being correct when feelings are at stake. That is the real tragedy. If you can't read through the bullshit and extract the value, then you are just as bad as the above mouth breathers.

Also note, YOU ADDED ZERO VALUE TO THE ACTUAL DISCUSSION, you just wanted to come here and sling shit, pile on the bandwagon and let your voice be herd.

It's cool though.......plenty of people get value of these threads either way and that is what is important. I could give two shits if the lowest common denominator gets his feelings in a wrinkle.

My point proven. Thanks for being as invigorating as usual Cobra.

Now about that Sako that was having issues?

Last edited:
You trolled for a response, and were honored with what you were asked for.

Your welcome.

Some people are only here to bitch and feed their ego. The moderators are clearly nowhere to be found or just don't give a flying fuck that every other thread is now turned into bullshit by the same people.

He gets off on screeching at people and then having people supposedly beg him for advice. Dude's got some needs but apparently they're being filled right here on this forum. Fucks up every thread he's in.

SO.... we all pretty much knew the problem from the get go, but has there been any communication from Sako about this yet?

Just trying to get this thread back on track and maybe have it end up being useful to someone (perhaps a new shooter with out the experience of some of the veteran shooters on this open forum). That is why we are all here, to gain knowledge (which we all can) then pass on some knowledge, right?

SO.... we all pretty much knew the problem from the get go, but has there been any communication from Sako about this yet?

Just trying to get this thread back on track and maybe have it end up being useful to someone (perhaps a new shooter with out the experience of some of the veteran shooters on this open forum). That is why we are all here, to gain knowledge (which we all can) then pass on some knowledge, right?

No feedback from Sako yet, my rifle is in line, they must be working on a lot of TRG's:) ( kidding boys, play nice now ) As I said from the start, the rifle was accurate enough to start with and then accuracy dropped. So I don't think there was barrel contact from the start, the screws were not wrong or too long to start with. I would gladly have stripped and tried to sort out the problem myself, but that is what the Sako warranty is for. If I wanted to bash a brand of rifle, I sure as hell would not go and buy another one from their stable, its a rifle issue, not a manufacturer issue. I have only had good service from the Sako guys down here. Taking some metal/alu away is not the solution I believe, it is just going to mask some underlying issue with the chassis/barrel/action. Sure they will figure it out somehow, but there is also the possibility that they say there is nothing wrong with any of the components listed. Thanks to all gentleman who have contributed in a positive, constructive way, appreciate your input:)

Well said, I am also curious to know what the solution to the problem is as well. Thanks for hopefully getting the thread back on track and hopefully stopping the mud slinging which serves no useful purpose.

damn even the TRG is not idiot proof, damned all to hell. How hard is it to trim a couple of screws??
cheers.

Guys....can the issue simply be that the muzzle break needs adjusting so the gun doesn't jump right or left for that matter?

It would be helpful to a TRG 42 owner to get the torque ratings for action screws, muzzle brake (factory), etc.
I am a member of several other forums and it is interesting how some forums are respectful to all who post and other forums jump all over members who ask questions that may or may not be "educated".

Reactions: stefan73
I've been shooting my TRG 22 for 10 years now and agree with Cobracutter it and the AIAW/AX are probably 2 of the best out of the box factory rifles. However i'd cut the OP some slack he may actually have a genuine problem unless proven otherwise. Where I don't agree with the OP is his statement the TRG 22, "I love my TRG, but this makes me a bit skeptical about their quality and reliability, especially since the rifle has been back once already for failure to eject problems." Painting all the TRG 22's with the same brush imo is a bridge to far. Maybe a couple of bridges to far just because his TRG 22 may have a problem.

As I said above I agree with Cobracutter on the TRG being one of the three best factory rifles out of the box there is one point he makes that I have to respectfully disagree with. That is, because a member has a low post count he/she is a newbie. Maybe to this site but not necessarily to shooting. One of the most knowledgeable and best shooter I know, everything from ELR shooting to Class III shooting and maintenance as well as developing loads cited in many reloading manuals has never frequented this site and probably never well. Some of the members might know him as he sells his ammo country wide and sells and shoots at the Big Sandy Shoot in AZ. Additionally he runs a company that builds the finest specialty ammunition, tracer, incendiary, headlight etc, probably in the US. He has provided his specialty projos for Mike Dillon as well. So if he was ever to post on this site is he truly a newbie, I think not. I am sure many other so called newbie's might have similar CV's. So labeling them newbies and disparaging them is a disservice to this fine site. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
First of all I'm ashamed of how this thread and some of the members reacted.
I look, read and sometimes post with the hope of sharing and learning this fine sport I love.
This should not be a forum for swearing and calling people out.
Sako has a fine reputation as does AI and yes sometimes even the best could have problems.
If I was the one having a problem I would contact Sako and explain everything and I'm sure they would sort it out.
Before anyone calls me a newbe (sp) I am to the sport.
Having said that I'm pro staff shooter for Hoyt Archery and have competed all my life and I've never shunned a new archer but did my best to help in anyway I could.
Can't we do the same here?

Where theres people ...theres douche bags and "know it all" thats how it will always be unfortunately.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Just an update. Got a mail from Sako Sweden today confirming the accuracy issue with the TRG, they could not get it to group either. Its back in Finland now so the factory can have a look. Will keep
updating as I get feedback:)

Reactions: stefan73
It's great to hear that your TRG is on its way to getting fixed. Hopefully it will be back to you sooner than later. Keep us posted.

Holy shit. 2 months and they just looked at it and am just now sending it to the factory. They're in no hurry are they?

If it stays MOA or under out to greater distance then I wouldn't sweat it too much. A lot of these "My gun will shoot .0000000001 MOA all day long if'n I do my part." stories along with the one photo of a small group are usually bullshit. They are usually a selected screamer group.

A consistent .75 MOA rifle pays the rent all day long.

^^ I agree

Screws do not grow, there is something else wrong with this TRG.
Respect is a sign of a confident and mentally strong individual, even those who do not appear to "deserve" respect should be shown it, just you may have to respectfully kill them (AKA Taliban, ISIS, etc)
Just two facts.

Sorry guys, I should have been more clear:) Sako Sweden's gunsmith tested the TRG several times, stripped it, checked it and tested again. His findings are the same as mine, excessive flex in the barrel or chassis. Sako factory has the rifle now and I was told its priority with them, but I know the Finns:) Will update when i have more info.

Well glad to hear your observation were spot on and recognized by the factory tech. Your biggest hurdle is now past and hopefully you have your TRG back soon.

News from Sako Finland today. They agree with the fact that the barrel makes contact with screws under recoil, they also mentioned that this was normal with the factory break and should not influance accuracy as the bullet has already left the barrel. They state that the 338LP is even worse. The strange thing is that they could not find a issue with the rifles accuracy, 5 shot groups between 9 and 11 mm at 100meters. This is crazy as the Swedish Gunsmith could not get it to group better than 60mm at 200meters and my best with the rifle before I sent it off was around the same.So I guess she got "fixed" in transit:)Also asked them to see about upgrading it with the new trigger and bolt. Lets see how she goes when she is back.

News from Sako Finland today. They agree with the fact that the barrel makes contact with screws under recoil, they also mentioned that this was normal with the factory break and should not influance accuracy as the bullet has already left the barrel. They state that the 338LP is even worse. The strange thing is that they could not find a issue with the rifles accuracy, 5 shot groups between 9 and 11 mm at 100meters. This is crazy as the Swedish Gunsmith could not get it to group better than 60mm at 200meters and my best with the rifle before I sent it off was around the same.So I guess she got "fixed" in transit:)Also asked them to see about upgrading it with the new trigger and bolt. Lets see how she goes when she is back.
Well did they fix it?

Jeez, dude, I would hope that it would be fixed 9 years after the thread was started.
I know 😂 I gots to know tho man 😂 sometimes I like reading old threads and gets annoying when the story isn’t finished haha

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate