• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Sako TRG 42 .338LM 160 and 225 Yards

Re: Sako TRG 42 .338LM 160 and 225 Yards

if you are shooting a 338LM you should try and stretch it out way past 225 yards.

I figured 225yds was the max distance from tha cal. Yall msust be long range shooters on this here site

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobertB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I figured 225yds was the max distance from tha cal. Yall msust be long range shooters on this here site </div></div>

Haha!

I can get those groups with my 16" HBAR, the holes are just smaller.
smile.gif

I live in New York..... It is very hard where I live to find a place to shoot, and even harder to find a place shoot out to 1000yds. There is no desert, or flat lands where I live. I had a place to shoot out to 800yds (that was a 4 hour drive), but there are houses on that land now.
frown.gif

My sister and her family live in Sounthern Idaho. They are tripping over places to shoot out there. I can't wait to visit, and do some rock chuck blasting next year.....
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobertB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I figured 225yds was the max distance from tha cal. Yall msust be long range shooters on this here site </div></div>

It's just the max distance where I live..... Sad I know.....
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GCMxVeGeTa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can get those groups with my 16" HBAR, the holes are just smaller.
smile.gif
</div></div>

It's a lot easier to control the recoil from an AR platform than from a monster like the bolt operated .338 Lapua, and get nice groups. It's like the differance of throwing grapes vs throwing bowling balls..... You just can't compare them.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He needs to add a 0 to his 225 yard shot!! </div></div>

I wish I had a place close by to shoot out to 2250yds!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hugo121175</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He needs to add a 0 to his 225 yard shot!! </div></div>

I wish I had a place close by to shoot out to 2250yds! </div></div>

Don't we all!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jthoss0837</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Right down the road from my house is a Gas line that stretches out to god knows how far. Id say at least a mile. </div></div>

We have a couple power transmittion lines, and gas pipelines by me. If you get cought on them not only will they arrest you, and confiscate your weapon, but it is a felony. If you get convicted, you may lose all your weapons...... Not Good!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hugo121175</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GCMxVeGeTa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can get those groups with my 16" HBAR, the holes are just smaller.
smile.gif
</div></div>

It's a lot easier to control the recoil from an AR platform than from a monster like the bolt operated .338 Lapua, and get nice groups. It's like the differance of throwing grapes vs throwing bowling balls..... You just can't compare them..... </div></div>

I disagree, I can control my 338 just as easily as controlling the 308. If you only have 225 yards why would you buy a 338 in the first place? 223 would have been less money and cheaper on ammo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hugo121175</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GCMxVeGeTa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can get those groups with my 16" HBAR, the holes are just smaller.
smile.gif
</div></div>

It's a lot easier to control the recoil from an AR platform than from a monster like the bolt operated .338 Lapua, and get nice groups. It's like the differance of throwing grapes vs throwing bowling balls..... You just can't compare them..... </div></div>

I disagree, I can control my 338 just as easily as controlling the 308. If you only have 225 yards why would you buy a 338 in the first place? 223 would have been less money and cheaper on ammo </div></div>

Do not worry about how or why I spend how much on what..... Just to fill you in: I have family that live where I can shoot well over 1000yds, I reload all of my ammo so it really doesn't cost as much as you would think to shoot, and I bought the rifle and reloading supplies here on the hide at an unbelievable price: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...553#Post1624553

Once again..... You can't compare a gas gun to a bolt gun..... They are two differant beasts.....

Hey, a person wants what he wants and if thats what makes him happy....more power to him!

Man I haven't even shot my TRG-42 and I have access to a 2000 Yard Range. At least your out there. All work and no play makes Clever a dull boy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CLEVER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man I haven't even shot my TRG-42 and I have access to a 2000 Yard Range. At least your out there. All work and no play makes Clever a dull boy. </div></div>

Not Dull, but maybe over worked.....
wink.gif

Ya you are right hugo, never stopped to look at things that way. But I'm gonna make time if it kills me..

Thats what i have always heard and now repeat.....
youth is wasted on those too young, stupid and poor to enjoy it
then when you get the experience, knowledge and money your too overworked to enjoy it.....

oh well!