• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sako trg 42 bi pod question

C357mak

Private
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2019
Hello I just bought the sako bi pod for a new sako trg 42 338 lm. The bi pod fits loose in the receiver and rattles. Is this common?

Both of mine rattle. Great prone bipod system but rattles without tension on it.

Mine snaps in snug....but there is absolutely little to no tension built into the hardware...non adjustable....at least mine is (original first version).... Therefore I cannot do the hack with an o-ring.

Reactions: rancher5
Mine snaps in snug....but there is absolutely little to no tension built into the hardware...non adjustable....at least mine is (original first version).... Therefore I cannot do the hack with an o-ring.
Thank you for the reply!

Many people love the TRG bipod but I did not. I ended up going with a KRG spigot and an Atlas and like it much better. No rattle and more stable for me ... also sits further forward. I will note that I have an older TRG with the older bipod version and have not tries the newer one. I have since sold the TRG bipod.

Many people love the TRG bipod but I did not. I ended up going with a KRG spigot and an Atlas and like it much better. No rattle and more stable for me ... also sits further forward. I will note that I have an older TRG with the older bipod version and have not tries the newer one. I have since sold the TRG bipod.

How much clearance between the spigot and the barrel?

Running a Heavy Palma and have plenty of clearance,
I just had a heavy palma installed. When I rock the rifle toward me while prone the factory bipod touches the barrel. Won’t be a concern if I slightly load the bipod but just kind of one of those things....May want to try the spigot mount out.

Looks like it just mounts in the T slot groove on the bottom. Could really attach any pic rail down there then with some screws and t nuts and it would be cheaper than that!

There’s the option of Sako’s S151F926 Forend Accessory Rail for non-Sako Bipods, it isn’t cheap (what from Sako is) but works great.

No. This is the right solution...

Standard MOE rail. Pick one up wherever or order the aluminum one.

I didn’t want to take the rifle apart because it was shooting so good so I went with the Sako rail.

5 shots at 100 yards with about a 12 mph wind from 3:00, 1st shot no wind correction 2nd - 5th with wind correction.
983BA506-BB94-49C8-8FBD-D59CD8F3AF9A.jpeg

There are a couple of options for the TRG from B&T as well.

My TRG-22 came with the little rail section but I swapped it out to the spigot adaptor for my Atlas and I am VERY happy with it. It was easy to install as well as it's just a couple of screws to remove from the forend to install it. You don't have to tear the rifle apart.

preview

Reactions: deltawiskey
KRG’s site says the forend and barreled action have to be removed to install the spigot mount?

It may have to be for theirs, however, the B&T that I linked to only requires the forend to be removed. I just did it last weekend and it was very easy to do the install.

ETA: Huh, the B&T website says you have to remove the barreled action as well but you don't.

Here's what I did:
1) Took the adapter apart and put loctite on all of the screws
2) Took the 2 screws out of the forend so it could slide off of the backbone
3) Slid the sling mount back on the backbone to the rearmost position
4) Slid the spigot adapter onto the backbone from the front
5) Inserted the rear screws into the spigot adapter through the backbone and tightened them
6) Slid the forend back onto the backbone
7) Replaced the 2 screws that I took out of the forend

I went and shot it the other day and I really don't see a reason to remove the barreled action from the backbone.

ETA 2: I found the instructions that came with the B&T adapter.
preview

Last edited:
Reactions: kimbergoldmatch
That is really weird as the paper says nothing about removing the barreled action until the very last step (10) at the end of the sentence.

I still don't see a need to remove the barreled action though.

Reactions: kimbergoldmatch
It may have to be for theirs, however, the B&T that I linked to only requires the forend to be removed. I just did it last weekend and it was very easy to do the install.

ETA: Huh, the B&T website says you have to remove the barreled action as well but you don't.

Here's what I did:
1) Took the adapter apart and put loctite on all of the screws
2) Took the 2 screws out of the forend so it could slide off of the backbone
3) Slid the sling mount back on the backbone to the rearmost position
4) Slid the spigot adapter onto the backbone from the front
5) Inserted the rear screws into the spigot adapter through the backbone and tightened them
6) Slid the forend back onto the backbone
7) Replaced the 2 screws that I took out of the forend

I went and shot it the other day and I really don't see a reason to remove the barreled action from the backbone.

ETA 2: I found the instructions that came with the B&T adapter.

Thanks, that really helps. I’ll get one ordered as I already have one of their bipods.

Reactions: jlficken