• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Sako TRG 42

hugo121175

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2009
Near Reading, PA
Here is my Sako TRG 42 chambered in .338 Lapua Mag. Just mounted a Near 25 MOA base and Near Alphamount. The scope is a SWFA SS 10X42. It will due until I get a NF 3.5-15X50.

Re: Sako TRG 42

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks great!

Are those Near rings 34mm? What is their height (midway point of the tube above the rail)? </div></div>

It's a 30mm Alphamount (http://www.nearmfg.com/products.htm). It's his "Low" unit. Not sure of the measurement.....

Re: Sako TRG 42

even though i will check out those rings from that link, is it designed to have a double set up front? if so thats a nifty idea. i was in baumholder germany yesterday shooting at a 1000m range and this german guy running the even had the trg 42 in .338. with the dope set up, he sat me down and i tagged the 920m target with ease. this gun and that caliber are a perfect match. that bullet just bucks the wind. nice rig, nice scope (i have the 16x20) and have fun shooting it.