• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Sako TRG 42

hugo121175

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2009
Near Reading, PA
This is my SAKO TRG 42 .338 Lapua mag (Thanx sniperdude)
Leupold 8.5-25x50 Mark 4 LR/T with Holland ART Reticle (Thanx elkhuntinguide)
Near Manufacturing 25MOA Base and Alphamount (Thanx Richard)

Now I can FINALLY fire this thing!

Re: Sako TRG 42

nice, i will be getting my TRG42 in 300 win mag tomorrow, then the stupid CA 10 day wait. After that, throwing the SN-3 on it and we will see how she shoots. Looking good!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ffhogue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice, i will be getting my TRG42 in 300 win mag tomorrow, then the stupid CA 10 day wait. </div></div>

Move to AZ.

I just got a trg 42 in 300 win mag yesterday and cant wait to shoot it this weekend. I have to find a bipod (man, they are expensive). The TRg has always been a mechanically interesting rifle to me.

I just ordered the same base and mounts for my TRG-22 and also the Sako Bipod. At this point cutting corners makes no sense.
Bite the bullet, buy once/cry once. I'm learning the hard way but I'm learning.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3PER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just ordered the same base and mounts for my TRG-22 and also the Sako Bipod. At this point cutting corners makes no sense.
Bite the bullet, buy once/cry once. I'm learning the hard way but I'm learning. </div></div>

I've put over 70 rounds down the tube since I posted this, and I could not be happier! Rifle fires like a lazer, and I'm cutting sub MOA at 150yrds+. Now I'm just fine tuning my hand loads for this rifle. It's harder to fine tune for this Sako than most rifles. It shoots just as good with box ammo. Black Hills 250gr SMK http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=383624 work very well.