• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Salt guns

@Sieg nice one. I hadn't gotten to the point of "patterning" the bug guns, but your use of tin-foil is awesome. Proper use of the stuff. I'd say "hat-tip" but too many would run with that into other directions/puns. HA.

(see what I did there?) ;)

And yes, as-per the descriptions, we'd like to try a few of the V3's here but they sure are proud of their items. I've re-built the V1's, and made a few tweaks a few years ago. But haven't taken the V2's apart yet. Safety removal would definitely be the first goal.

I gotta say though, their latest offering that comes with the laser sites I think is quaint, but what good is it when the fly is mid-air? HA. Only Mister Miyagi would be able to hold the laser ON TARGET with a fly in mid-air. Or would that be Daniel-son?

It might be for aiming at cats, significant others, and / or co-inhabitants.

• Haha
Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Will this scope fit???

Glad to hear it Mike. Now, are you able to track the bastards through the air, with that fancy-schmancey TACTICAL laser site? Does it assist in blinding the prey before impact?

Reactions: Barneybdb
Na, It is still in it's package. only been finger fucked A lot of my shooting is on the wing.
I like how it feeds everytime vs. the old one. and the safety is on off and stays that way.

Happy as hell and Huntin.
I can’t believe it took 3 versions to implement the better safety.

Reactions: Barneybdb
Loves the match grade NaCl ! 👍View attachment 7375884
Need to figure out how to bypass the safety !? Wears a fella out especially after racking the slide a couple hundred times 😏

I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread but cock the gun, turn the safety off, then put a 1/4 long self tapping screw into the plastic so it holds the safety off. Then you will never have to worry about the safety again

I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread but cock the gun, turn the safety off, then put a 1/4 long self tapping screw into the plastic so it holds the safety off. Then you will never have to worry about the safety again
[/QUOTE

👍

Thanks !!
Doing Brats later , should be a Target rich environment !! Took out 2 Red Velvet Ants and a few dirt dabblers already !!

I have one of the 2.0s and it kills flys, even the big flys, no problem, but it won't kill hornets or anything much tougher than a fly
I would like one with more power and no safety, something that could kill a hornet, but not make a hole in my drywall :)

So did ATF finally approve 'em?

I'm not kidding. I recall some shit about 'em being illegal or getting around registration or some shit. Absolutely ridiculous but I'm fairly certain the article was real. Was a while back.

Just the air out of a pellet rifle will blow 'em to pieces.

newest version is more powerful, but you might end up with parts of flies instead of just dead ones.

We got a pair of the V-1' when they came out on sale. Then, we upped our game and got a pair of V-2's, and they really are 'better'. I'll wait till they bring out the V-4's before buying any more. These things DO work, and they work well. The 2's work better than the 1's, but for someone who has a wife that has a thing against spiders.... I gotta say it's kinda funny to watch her go storming across the house to get one of these 'salt-guns', then she's pumping as she goes stalking back to enter the fray.

About the only thing missing is the commando-crawling on the floor, and the 'camoflauge make-up' on her face. She keeps asking for a 'belt-fed' version, because the pump-action just ain't fast enough. Each insect that gets her attention (negatively) gets 3-7 shots,,, depending on how 'big' they are, and how high on the ICK factor they rate.

She's Missus Doolittle with regards to the neighborhood creatures (rabbits, squirrels, birds, hares, neighbors dogs) but when it comes to certain insects (spiders and ticks) she REALLY wants the MiniGun version of these things.

I'm looking forward to V-4, and I'm assuming it'll have at least a bayonet mount. Multiple barrels would be more gooder though.

We got a pair of the V-1' when they came out on sale. Then, we upped our game and got a pair of V-2's, and they really are 'better'. I'll wait till they bring out the V-4's before buying any more. These things DO work, and they work well. The 2's work better than the 1's, but for someone who has a wife that has a thing against spiders.... I gotta say it's kinda funny to watch her go storming across the house to get one of these 'salt-guns', then she's pumping as she goes stalking back to enter the fray.

About the only thing missing is the commando-crawling on the floor, and the 'camoflauge make-up' on her face. She keeps asking for a 'belt-fed' version, because the pump-action just ain't fast enough. Each insect that gets her attention (negatively) gets 3-7 shots,,, depending on how 'big' they are, and how high on the ICK factor they rate.

She's Missus Doolittle with regards to the neighborhood creatures (rabbits, squirrels, birds, hares, neighbors dogs) but when it comes to certain insects (spiders and ticks) she REALLY wants the MiniGun version of these things.

I'm looking forward to V-4, and I'm assuming it'll have at least a bayonet mount. Multiple barrels would be more gooder though.

1594941563454.png

• Love
Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Just order the v3. Looking for some salt load data. Just regular old table salt or the uppity pink stuff??

2 of the gen 3 for $80 delivered

Code blackfly for discount

My wife won’t let me have one of those. I’ve asked a bunch of times. Told her She could play with it, too. But I can have a flamethrower.

Nor will my wife. Wait, there was a flame thrower?

Version 2.0 here. Safety can be taken out with a few minutes. Look up the videos, its easy. My buddy has broken 3(including mine) killing flys in my back yard. He is way too rough with it. I had mine for a year, then he fucked with it one day.......sigh.

Reactions: camocorvette
I just got Accuracy International AXSR salt gun! It is deadly accurate with the Tangent Theta scope in spuhr mount. One shot kills always on any insect. Kind of pricy though, whole setup was 8k. Just depends on your budget I guess. Shoots salt 20' with awesome accuracy. I'll post the link later. I think you can get one on Amazon though!

Fluffy is a much smarter cat now. He stays on the other side of the street.
My Day lillies are doing great. They are just starting and so far I have 5 different colors. Pretty neat.
I wish my tomatoes were doing as well.

Nice Lady across the street borrowed my pellet pistol as Fluffy likes her beds now. She usually does her shots on the sly but on occasion gets a bit brazen and pops Fluffy's ass right out the front door right in front on the sidewalk, wherever.
She was weeding one morning and got her hand in some fresh cat shit. Horrible cussin, I damn sure understand. That was when she wanted to borrow my gun.
She is 92 years old and still going strong. Old Texan that has zero fucks to give when it comes to cats shitting up her beds.
She has a big garden and some real nice flower beds.
If I make it that far in life I hope I have the steam she has now.

I am surprised Fluffy is still going over there as she is a good shot.

Last edited:
I have to say that the V2 works one heck of a lot better than the V1. In the email I received regarding the latest release, V3 it says:

"
  • New Cross Bolt Safety! Once it's on, it's on. Once it's off, it's off. Feel free to rapid fire folks!
  • Instead of leaving flies whole for easy cleanup, we are warning folks it may splatter them.
  • Redesign on trigger. It's now VERY light – so be careful! Keep away from children, pets & idiots.
  • Deadly accurate, barrel has been lifted & sight added for extremely accurate shooting. You can shoot the fly in the back of the neck now!
  • Improved, more durable salt hopper, makes tactical reloads easy during the heat of battle!
  • More powerful due to stronger spring which has created a tighter salt pattern.
  • Sleek design has streamlined the feel of the gun. It's like butter on toast!
  • Increases your odds for in-flight take down.
  • Each unit has been removed from its packaging & hand tested by our team of technicians."
I desperately need one a these. I fckn hate flies, theres like 4 of em currently living in/near my trashcan.
Usually try to catch em in my dip spit bottles. Soon as they crawl in, close the lid on them bitches and shake like hell.

Fluffy is a much smarter cat now. He stays on the other side of the street.
My Day lillies are doing great. They are just starting and so far I have 5 different colors. Pretty neat.
I wish my tomatoes were doing as well.

Nice Lady across the street borrowed my pellet pistol as Fluffy likes her beds now. She usually does her shots on the sly but on occasion gets a bit brazen and pops Fluffy's ass right out the front door right in front on the sidewalk, wherever.
She was weeding one morning and got her hand in some fresh cat shit. Horrible cussin, I damn sure understand. That was when she wanted to borrow my gun.
She is 92 years old and still going strong. Old Texan that has zero fucks to give when it comes to cats shitting up her beds.
She has a big garden and some real nice flower beds.
If I make it that far in life I hope I have the steam she has now.

I am surprised Fluffy is still going over there as she is a good shot.
My experience with older folk (now in their late 80's/90's) are that they are damn good shots. Even if they haven't shot in a long time. Case in point was my father a few years before he passed. He was pretty much blind in one eye and I went shooting with him at an indoor range. He was shooting a revolver. Not fast mind you; but after I'd burned 100 rounds up, I went over and looked at how he was doing at like 10-12 yards. Group size...4" with almost no outliers. He'd never shot that revolver either. Rather impressive. Granted, he was an great shotgunner, but not expert like my grandfather. That guy, near the end of his life, picked up a shotgun that I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with (he'd never shot it, was sick of me bitching and didn't bother looking at choke or anything) and proceeded to powder passing clays (not exactly skeet, nor trap) like that was his old-faithful (Full choke, sub-gauge...I didn't inherit that skill)

Point of story - older people grew up with guns, used them, most believe in them. That generation is nearing the end.

Well its that season again...
Its like John Wick 3 out here, fuckers are everywhere. My outdoor kitchen is a war zone.
100+ kills a day. My kill ratio is at least 90%, my quick draw point and shoot skills are off the chart. (if I do my part)
Never did do load testing just using cheap dollar store ammo (poors style)
Found out I am just as deadly left handed(gotta switch hands every few minutes)
I think my mind is going all rambo...
Fuck

Its like John Wick 3 out here, fuckers are everywhere. My outdoor kitchen is a war zone.
100+ kills a day. My kill ratio is at least 90%, my quick draw point and shoot skills are off the chart.
Fuck
dang, i don't think i could handle that, mang.
if there are 3 flies in the house at the same time i begin to suspect a corpse.

Reactions: diggler1833
100+ kills a day. My kill ratio is at least 90%, my quick draw point and shoot skills are off the chart. (if I do my part)
Fuck
Flat shoe or curved trigger?

dang, i don't think i could handle that, mang.
if there are 3 flies in the house at the same time i begin to suspect a corpse.

I have a five and three year old...I'm pretty sure that it is their sworn duty to stand at any one of the doors with it wide open and invite flies in.

20 years from now ill visit their houses and return the favor. Payback is a bitch. I'll probably also poop in thir toilet and leave it for them to find too...little cretins.

I have a five and three year old...I'm pretty sure that it is their sworn duty to stand at any one of the doors with it wide open and invite flies in.

20 years from now ill visit their houses and return the favor. Payback is a bitch. I'll probably also poop in thir toilet and leave it for them to find too...little cretins.
hahaha, my daughter is growed up and i gave her a salt gun with the laser pointer. 😂

Reactions: diggler1833
Been layin the hammer down on roaches and widows at work. Looks like they just released a CO2 powered salt pistol too. Might give my salt muzzleloader (old BB gun) a run for its money.