• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up san antonio or austin weekly/monthly get together?

GT40MkI

Texas
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2011
West of DFW, Texas
Seems like more than a handful of hide members in central Texas...

My last few visits to Bullet Hole I've run into members, always so friendly (and with great toys).

Anyone up for a regular Sunday meet somewhere? Bullet hole has 300 yrds, but I'd be up for anything....thoughts?

Re: san antonio or austin weekly/monthly get together?

id be game,im in austin

Best of the west range in Liberty Hill goes to 1000 yards.

Good morning!

Not sure I could do weekly but I'd enjoy getting together on a regular basis. I'm in New Braunfels. Let me know if you put something together.

Thanks!

Can't do weekly and probably not even monthly would be interested in a regular get together. I would have to be a spectator for a while as I am recovering from a divorce. All I have managed to recoup is so far is a 308 gas gun and my EDC.

So for the people who have chimed in, what is a reasonable location?

Want to set a tenative first meet day/time? Probably a good idea to shoot for mid- late January to get past the holidays...lmk what you're thinking.

Couldn't do every Sunday since I work every other, but could do several. Could do one weekend day and one weekday night or something to try to accomidate everyone.

I think we could have the first meeting/get together at one of the local ranges and then try to do something like alternate from SA to Austin if most folks are spread out, or decide which location works better.

I was just at A Place to Shoot yesterday asking about a local group, or local friendly competition and couldn't get a lot of info. They go to 300 yards also and have so good folks working there.

Let's start a local club/chapter/whatever! Then we can also do a nighly meeting at a local grub house or something. I've run a few clubs back in the day but that's when I had a lot more time. But I'd love to help and see a local club put together!

I'm in!

Over 400 views and only 8 responses! Come on guys! I did a bit of research and found there are no rifle clubs in San Antonio. There use to be one that shot out at Camp Bullis, but after 9-11 it went away.

There are several 300 yard ranges here and 1000 yard range within 2 hours.

Let's get a headcount of how many folks would be interested in starting a new club if for nothing else, to get some organized friendly weekend shoots put together!

i'd be in if bullet hole was safe, last two times I was there I had people flash me with loaded muzzles, and that guy just got shot there soo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TattooBlade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Over 400 views and only 8 responses! Come on guys! I did a bit of research and found there are no rifle clubs in San Antonio. There use to be one that shot out at Camp Bullis, but after 9-11 it went away.

There are several 300 yard ranges here and 1000 yard range within 2 hours.

Let's get a headcount of how many folks would be interested in starting a new club if for nothing else, to get some organized friendly weekend shoots put together! </div></div>

This is the only "club" in the area I know of, http://silhouette-texas.us/

They use the Dietz range near New Braunfels. When you join you get access to their 600 yard range. I am not a member but I know a few who are.

I am in with some type of metting, club or whatnot!

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll have to check them out. How many of you have days off during the week? How many have normal schedules and have weekends off?

A Place to Shoot is pretty centrally located even though it's south. I live on the NE side but can get there in about 20-25 minutes.

Let's get a roll call of interested parties and then we can try to set up a date to get folks out to meet and shoot. Then we can go from there!

My buddy does a monthly shoot up near Dietz at 500 yards which I'm going to start checking out next month too.

I'm a ways off but i'd like to come through, no promises here though.

I'm in Austin and would be interested. I would like to get out once a month for some friendly shooting. I do work weekdays, so I could only make weekends. I have shot at BOTW in Liberty Hill, great range and goes to 1000. Would also be interested in other locations.
I'm really tied up during hunting season, but that's comming to an end soon. I'll keep checking back to see if something gets organized.

Have any of you heard of the CTSA club in New Braunfels? Looks pretty cool and they have montly f-class shoots. I've sent off a few emails to find out more info but I'm waiting to hear back. Hey GMan, I'm looking for a lease or place to hunt. PM me if you've got some info that could help me in that area. Thanks!

Once I hear back from the CTSA folks I'll post up some more info and see if we can all get involved in something local!

San Antonio has a few rifle clubs, I am in Nimrod Rifle Club, we have our own range (400yard, 200 yard, and two 50 yard) each members dues are paying for the land. I believe we only have 350 card holders(I don't think they allow more then 350 cardholders), You pay a annual fee 100 dollars and a one time entry fee of 50 dollars. I shoot 3 to 4 times a week. All I take is my guns and ammo and a staple gun for targets. Everything else is provided but I usually take a bunch of stuff to leave for everyone to use once every month or so. If any spots open you just get a club member to sponsor you and you are in. I love it, some days I am only one shooting out there.

Nimrod also has comps open to the public two or three times a month. Bunch of different stuff bench, falling plate, balloons, bowling pins, self defense, silhouette, bulls eye/iron sight, hunters match, and shotgun. They also do a memorial day sale.

I have family down towards Austin and I would be interested / able in coming out every few months. I'll be down the 2nd week of march and was going to hit up the Best of the west range in liberty hills as a bday gift to myself.

This is the first I've seen this thread, but I'm interested. Bullet Hole is ok, I prefer it over Bracken. Haven't been to Blackhawk in a LONG time. Still learning to reach out.

FM13

Same here. This is the first that I have seen this thread and think its a great idea.I usually shoot at the Bullet Hole because its close to home but somplace different would be good. Just say When and Where?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TattooBlade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have any of you heard of the CTSA club in New Braunfels? Looks pretty cool and they have montly f-class shoots. I've sent off a few emails to find out more info but I'm waiting to hear back. Hey GMan, I'm looking for a lease or place to hunt. PM me if you've got some info that could help me in that area. Thanks!

Once I hear back from the CTSA folks I'll post up some more info and see if we can all get involved in something local!</div></div>

I'm a member and try to shoot at least 2x's a month - I drive through New Braunfels at least 6-8x's monthly but can't always get there before the sun goes down...if you aren't already a member let me know and you can shoot with me to try it out...

I live in Victoria but I could meet monthly. I do work every other weekend. I would also be interested in joining a club as long as they meet on weekends only.