• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Member Link Up San Antonio, TX Long Range Class

willmccullough

Private
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2009
I'm new to long range shooting and live in San Antonio, TX. Does anyone here know of a long range shooting course in San Antonio so I can get some of the basics down? Or alternatively, anyone in the area looking to teach the basics to a noob?

Re: San Antonio, TX Long Range Class

Unfortunately, we are short on long ranges here in SA. Camp Bullis, which had a 1,000 yard range is no longer available to civilians. Bullet Hole Range has a 100, 200, and 300. (Actually 110 yds, 215 yds, and I haven't ranged the 300 yarder). They are building a state-of-the-art range right now that should be available for civilian use in 2 or 3 years. Doesn't do us much good right now.

Because of the lack of distance, there is a lot of rimfire here. I am joining the South Texas Marksmanship Training Center, which has a bunch of great shooters, but most of the events are with 100 yard rimfire. They shoot a lot at Blackhawk Range in Atascosa.

Here is a link to an article on the state of the art range. I don't know where it is in the process. The FBI Range that was to be built in Kerrville was scrapped by the Kerrville city council, so it is that much more likely that this new range will be built although who knows if it will be open to civilians.

I was actually at the Bullet Hole this past Sunday and saw what had to be another Hide member. USMC Sniper shirt, full on sniper rifle, crushing the 300 yard targets.

Jakeleg, that is great news! Where is the range? Is it the Camp Bullis Range?

I am at Bullet Hole pretty regularly. I just got back from there today, as a matter of a fact, working on my long range 22.