• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sand Bags why so hard?

Prebanpaul

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2009
Akron Ohio Summit
Why can I not find simple sand bags. I want bags that are about 12 inches long and 6 inches wide. that have either a one or two simple handle at the top... Prefer to be able to buy them with out sand in them..... if not I will take them. I just cant find them any where...... please help

Re: Sand Bags why so hard?

Lol they tend to get hard when you play with them to much.....

What I would recomend is taking a big sock fill it with airsoft bbs until it the size and firmness you want then tie it off. In my case its fits perfectly inside a crown royal bag which gives me the bag clothsure strings to tie it to something to carry it. Its a simple solution that works well has no issues with moisture and costs maybe $10

Why not make your own? Just some food for thought. I had my mother make me a few as a gift for my Grandfather. Turned out AWESOME! If you or your wife, fiance, etc... knows how to use a sewing machine you are golden!
laugh.gif

Try using something like pee gravel or beans to fill them. They don't get packed down as much .... which makes them get hard. I myself don't care much for the airsoft beads since they are really light. But, if you are going to be humping the bag across country, then you may want the lighter material. Either way, it won't pack down on you.

Try Redtacgear.com. His name is Stu Sattler. He prob can make some to your specific needs.

Bags that shotgun lead shot comes in are great for sand bags. Tough as nails and you can fill them to the level that works for you. Find someone who re loads shotgun shells and they should have plenty of them.

Hard to find? Or physically too hard?

Probably a few dozen ways to make a sand bag. Cloth, Paracord, and a sewing machine. Make whatever you want. Carefull though. It gets addicting and before you know it you'll be making everything you can think of.

If it's physically too hard you'll have to use a different medium to fill with. Others have made some good suggestions on that front.

We make 12X6 bags for Tac Pro regularly. No handles but theyre filled with poly beads so theyre not heavy.

Gramps used to make 'em from 1/4th of a pillow cases made from a denim-like coarse linen or a short length of the leg cut of an old pair of bluejeans. Sew up one end, fill with sand, sew closed, done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperCJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> theyre filled with poly beads so theyre not heavy. </div></div>

I do the same but find the plastic beads are too light for my needs. I add a few egg sinkers until I get a weight I like.

The airsoft bb's are a great light weight idea that I am going to have to try.

I couldn't find any that I liked so I made some of my own and finally got one I use all the time for the rifle. Keep an eye out for an old welders jacket/pants or bib made from leather, some plastic pellets and a Speedy Stitcher http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNFMzAEW0V0 and make exactly what you are looking for.

Pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

shootingbagscan1.jpg

Topstrap