• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sand Sock

Hundo

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2018
Any good suggestions? I hear the Badger Ordinance "bone" sucks because it is too small.

I bought one for myself and a buddy and another buddy bought one as well from "Tater's Tactical" and I found them on Instagram. Great bag, fast turnaround, and reasonable price.
Vet owned. Made in USA.

Tell him the guy that bought the purple bag sent you.

Reactions: Hundo
I use poly beads in an old stocking and then put that in a winter sock. Works great!

I use a fat tire bike inner tube filled with sand or poly beads. Can make then in different diameters and different fills for different uses

An old tube sock full of plastic pony beads. Sand and rice hold water, and they’re heavy, and just get heavier when they’re wet. And can mildew. The sock full of pony beads doesn’t lock up (because they’re smooth) when you squeeze it to lower or raise your point of aim, and it weighs very little in comparison. It’s what we used when I served. Works really well.

Poly beads, air soft pellets, rice, etc. They are all lighter than sand, but they don’t pack down to create a stable platform like sand. A sand filled bag will confirm how you want it to faster, create a more stable platform, and be less prone to shifting during and after the shot. I’ve tried a couple different poly bags. My favorite right now is a sticky pint sized game changer with sand fill. Yes, it is heavier than poly fill, but it is a better bag.

Reactions: spife7980
could also use an old pair of jeans with a plastic bag inside to hold the sand as much or as little as you enjoy using , personally I stick with a lab jack it's as high or as small as I need every time .

Having gone down the DIY sock with rice route with mixed results I ended up just getting a SAP solo sack which comes with fairly fine sand and found that to be much more stable. If not rice then fine sand?