• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Sandstorm??

Re: Sandstorm??

I am looking for my first can purchase and have settled on a thread on for optimum accuracy potential. Any recommendations or advise?

You may have some misinformation in regards to the thread on can having more accuracy potential.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M0NG0</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah you can do better its called www.sharksuppressors.com </div></div>
Do you have any stats to back your statements? Not trying to be difficult as we could all use accurate information!

I spoke to David today. Quite by accident. . . but he is very helpful. I have heard nothing but good things about the shark cans and David's service.

Turk- What would be your choice for an accurate, light, .30 suppressor?

I have a Surefire, but I would be happy w/ the Sandstorm, Tigershark, or the AWC Titanium Thundertrapp!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M0NG0</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah you can do better its called www.sharksuppressors.com </div></div>
Do you have any stats to back your statements? Not trying to be difficult as we could all use accurate information! </div></div>

yes the shark cans are some if not the lightest cans out there POI change is next to nothing as I have shot one of his 300 winmag cans on my DPMS 308 and I didn't have to dial my scope at all to compensate for going from having my Tubb brake on my barrel to the suppressor on the end also his suppressor can be dis-assembled by user and can be cleaned after several thousand rounds... Can you do that to the sandstorm?

Poi change is also minimal w/ the Sandstorm; and why do you feel the need to disassemble and clean a centerfire can?

Can someone weigh in on the AAC Cyclone in comparison to the cans mentioned? I ask because I am looking to buy my first can for a .308 and AAC is close by.

Hardmix

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hardmix</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can someone weigh in on the AAC Cyclone in comparison to the cans mentioned? I ask because I am looking to buy my first can for a .308 and AAC is close by.

</div></div>

You know there's this thing called "the internet". It has all the answers.
wink.gif

http://www.advanced-armament.com/product.aspx?pid=68

But in short, the Sandstorm is about a half pound lighter.

But the Cyclone is all Stainless Steel ana alot cheaper

Not that it matters with a bolt action rifle as you can't load and cycle it fast enought o get to the heat thresh hold to when the Ti would get weak.
The AAC 762SD is a good quick attach suppressor , POI is very repeatable.

But I still think that a thread on suppressor that fitted to the weapon well will be more accurate and repeatable.

I have to say, I will never own a gemtech again, HVT was one of the worst cans I have ever had...that being said I have never shot a Sandstorm but it looks to have the same type of keyhole baffle stack as the HVT, go Shark, TBA, AAC, OPS Inc etc they are all solid cans

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Poi change is also minimal w/ the Sandstorm; and why do you feel the need to disassemble and clean a centerfire can? </div></div>

not so much a need Turk as is more of a +1 to his design you don't NEED it but it's nice to have where as other cans if you have issues you cant pull them apart and look at the baffle stack you have to send them back to factory

Zink what was your issues with the HVT??? just curious. i have the HVT with the QD to boot, and it shoots well for me out to 1K, its a very quiet suppressor, very competitive with my YHM phantom and SRT shadow xl ti.

Mine was loud as shit, not even close to the quality and effectiveness of my jet,swr,or ops Inc, I have also shot aac and those blew away the hvt. Hvt was simply a bbl weight as far as I was concerned

that sucks,
i thought mine is very close to my other cans, HVT,SRT,YHM,and KAC that i have for my 30 cal's, in the process of makin a small vid of all 4 so everyone can judge for themselves.

I love my sandstorm. It is lighter than other Ti cans, and suppresses very well. I almost forget its attached at times.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Okoyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any more reviews of this can?? My local dealer hasn't had any come through yet and I'm not finding much info around. </div></div>

With a .308/7.62 it is hearing safe, very light. I like mine.

cyclone, although the cyclone and sandstorm as of yet have not been tested against eachother.

ive been looking for sandstorm numbers and nothing so far. 14oz is crazy light.

i shot a 762sd and cyclone at 08 and 09 aac shoots. many other cans around but the cyclone hands down is it.

tested at silencer research as the quietest 308 can (next to the 2" x 12" thunder beast or something like that, and twice the weight).

the cyclone killed all.