• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Santa Clara, Ca. Sheriff convicted of selling ccw's

If I didn't know any better, they (the writer and co) went out of their way to NOT bring up any political party, so-as-to not connect such with the corruption. I wonder who is most likely to do such?

Branden?

Wikipedia lists her as Republican, but everything else I can find says "nonpartisan" or fails to list a party.

• Wow
Reactions: Sean the Nailer
The "wiki" page says she's Republican. Uggh....always a dumbass somewhere.

Woops, sorry @hlee...you beat me to it whilst I was reading the same thing :).

Anyone can update a Wikipedia page...ANYONE.
No doubt. However, ballotopia.org has both her and her last challenger listed as “nonpartisan“- as do pretty much every other site I found. There is also a Laurie Smith that ran for the US congress that was a republican, and there may be some confusion there. I‘d argue that as the assistant Sheriff when the previous sheriff retired, she was heir apparent in her first election. She probably didn’t need to declare a party. And “nonpartisan” could- possibly- be DL Republican in Democrat heavy Santa Clara county. Why declare a party affiliation and alienate the voter base if you do not need to. I think all that we can say with any level of certainty, is that she dleant appear to have declared a party affiliation during her elections. That said, the corruption conviction is crowding out results on google.

If she was a republican I would think msm would be screaming that from the rooftops.
And there is no chance in hell a conservative sherif would ever get elected there. Sacramento county has a liberal sheriff now replacing the former conservative one. CCW's in that county have increased 10x as people want to get it before it's impossible.