• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Convicted Child Molester Dies After Drinking Water Mixed with Sodium Nitrate in Court

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017

edward leclair
Frisco Police Department
Michael Foster9 Feb 202362

2:24

A Texas man who died soon after ingesting a liquid upon hearing a guilty verdict for child sex abuse charges in August had consumed sodium nitrate, according to a report.
The death of 57-year-old Edward Leclair was ruled a suicide that resulted from the lethal consumption of sodium nitrate, the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office informed the Daily Mail.
At the time, the Denton Record-Chronicle noted that it had been unsuccessful in reaching out to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office for comment.
“Leclair, a former Navy mechanic and corporate recruiter, was indicted two years ago on five counts of sexual assault on a person between the age of 14 and 17,” NBC News reported.
In August, Breitbart News explained how a prosecutor in the case recalled the strange scene playing out in court:
According to First Assistant Attorney Jamie Beck of the Denton County District Attorney’s Office, the jury entered, sat down, and the defendant and his counsel stood up.
Moments later, Judge Lee Gabriel began reading the verdict which said Leclair was guilty on all counts.
“It’s during this process that he had a bottle of water with him at the counsel table, and he chugged it,” Beck recalled, adding, “It wasn’t like he was just taking sips of water. He was literally throwing it back, so to speak.”
He had not taken a sip of the substance until the verdict, according to Beck.
Leclair was later moved to a nearby holding cell while the attorneys met to schedule the sentencing proceedings, per the Record-Chronicle. Aware of Leclair’s strange behavior vis-a-vis the water bottle, court officials decided to check on the newly convicted man – only to find him “very much either dead or dying,” according to Beck, as reported by the Record-Chronicle.
“After EMS transported him, I saw him being taken out on the gurney,” Leclair’s attorney Mike Howard reportedly said. “His color and pallor didn’t look good — gray — and then he was taken to the hospital. Beyond that, that’s all I can say.”
Citing Denton County Jail records, WFAA reported that Leclair committed his crimes in “June and July of 2016.” The outlet also noted that he was arrested in 2018.

Couldn't happen to more deserving guy!

Annnnd...good riddance.

Other Precautions

In addition to increasing the risk of chronic disease and and blocking oxygen transport, sodium nitrite can also cause acute toxicity when consumed in very large amounts. According to the World Health Organization, 10 grams of nitrites is considered fatal, but doses of just two grams daily have resulted in death. (22) Symptoms of toxicity can include nausea, vertigo, bluish skin, vomiting, convulsions and headaches. (23)

Reactions: tomcatmv
Not the first time it's happened. There's a video of a guy swallowing a cyanide capsule after hearing his guilty verdict. Didn't take long for the guy to drop dead.

Reactions: BCP
Annnnd...good riddance.

Other Precautions

In addition to increasing the risk of chronic disease and and blocking oxygen transport, sodium nitrite can also cause acute toxicity when consumed in very large amounts. According to the World Health Organization, 10 grams of nitrites is considered fatal, but doses of just two grams daily have resulted in death. (22) Symptoms of toxicity can include nausea, vertigo, bluish skin, vomiting, convulsions and headaches. (23)

Ummmmmm you forgot an oxygen.

Sodium Nitrate....
Used to make bacon ?
Used to make ham ?
Used to make hotdogs ?

I ain't buying it for a second.
Just the truth (for once) please.

Sodium Nitrate....
Used to make bacon ?
Used to make ham ?
Used to make hotdogs ?

I ain't buying it for a second.
Just the truth (for once) please.
Why do you think everyone tells you eating that stuff will kill you???

Sodium Nitrite NaNO2 (used for meat processing)
LD50: 180 mg/kg

Sodium Nitrate NaNO3 (used in black powder)
LD50: 3236 mg/kg

The LD50 (lethal dose for 50% of the exposed individuals) is measured per kg body mass.

The reason that processed meat is not acutely toxic is the low concentration.

"Dosis sola facit venenum" (Paracelsus)
The dose makes the poison.

For example, drinking too much water will kill you.

Last edited:
I wonder if they misreported Sodium azide as sodium nitrate…

Reactions: BCP
I know it's toxic ya simple minded mofos.
But consider how much it would take to kill a person.
Now mix that in a bottle of water.......what do you have ?
Mud.
It would have been obvious from 100 yards away.

What did he really consume ?

A lethal dose is between 2,6 grams and 6.0 grams or rather, 0.0917 or so ounces, I would guess, this is me guessing that there is no problem what so ever to dissolve that in either water to make it look like some sort of milk or just in plain milk,

I am not saying they lack in security at the court house, however next time it might be something else in that bottle/canister, what ever, and that things are getting kid of weird in that setting.

What really happened...

Judge (wearing reading glasses and having a hard time reading the handwriting): "On the count...of child mo-less-molestation...we the jury find the defendant...guilty?"

Defendant: *chugs water bottle*

Judge: "Jury Foreman is that your verdict?"

Jury Foreman: "No your Honor we found the defendant not guilty. Sorry, I have poor handwriting. Casualty of my trade. I'm a doctor."

Defendant: Dies

Bailiff: runs over and checks for a pulse. Shakes his head no.

Judge and Jury Foreman look at each other:

Judge: "Defendant was guilty. I am placing a gag order on all jurors. Anyone talking to the press will be in contempt and subject to jail time. Lunch is on me today at Applebees at noon. Court adjourned!"

• Haha
Reactions: tomcatmv
Sodium Nitrite NaNO2 (used for meat processing)
LD50: 180 mg/kg

Sodium Nitrate NaNO3 (used in black powder)
LD50: 3236 mg/kg

The LD50 (lethal dose for 50% of the exposed individuals) is measured per kg body mass.

The reason that processed meat is not acutely toxic is the low concentration.

"Dosis sola facit venenum" (Paracelsus)
The dose makes the poison.

For example, drinking too much water will kill you.

Sodium nitrite can also be put into plastic film (extrusion) and used as a vapor corrosion inhibitor for ferrous metals.

PSA: As I watch WAY too much real crime stories...be careful about posting what you know about lethal chemicals. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

put him in a casing, hang him in the cellar, and in 6 months, we'll have a nice summer sausage.

eeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

they should all share that same fate , hot lava , pushed off a mountain top , electrocuted and buried alive . it's all to good for them oh if only they would make them into a dvd box set of the most messed up attempts complation .

Yes it will kill you:

"Sodium nitrite is a powerful oxidizing agent that causes hypotension and limits oxygen transport and delivery in the body through the formation of methemoglobin. Clinical manifestations can include cyanosis, hypoxia, altered consciousness, dysrhythmias, and death. The majority of reports on sodium nitrite poisonings have been the result of unintentional exposures. We report a case of an intentional fatal overdose of sodium nitrite. A 17-year-old female reportedly drank approximately one tablespoon of sodium nitrite in a self-harm attempt. The patient was hypotensive and cyanotic upon EMS arrival. The patient decompensated rapidly into a bradycardic arrest during transport despite intubation, push-dose epinephrine, and intravenous fluid resuscitation. In the Emergency Department (ED), she received methylene blue and packed red cells but could not be resuscitated despite a prolonged effort. EMS professionals should consider sodium nitrite toxicity in patients with a suspected overdose who present with a cyanotic appearance, pulse oximetry that remains around 85% despite oxygen, and dark brown blood seen on venipuncture. Early prehospital contact with the Poison Control Center and ED prenotification in poisoned patients is encouraged."

Dang that is a creative way to take yourself out though.