• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sar 8. Springfield Armory

Peterpan

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2018
I’ve been trying to find some info on this sar8 Springfield Armory rifle I bought the other day. It has 4 mags. One is steel and 3 seem to be aluminum. As seen in the pic the 3 is not overstamped with an 8. It was originally stamped with an 8.
C3E2FC6C-9F51-4E1C-AB7C-827F734287A7.jpeg
9AD25EFC-B437-4A45-A414-92E49095392E.jpeg
and it doesn’t say made in Greece anywhere. Does anyone one have any info on this particular rifle?

I believe a number of SAR-8s were assembled with aluminum receivers from HK parts kits post 89. They were not the quality as the Greek imports.

I believe a number of SAR-8s were assembled with aluminum receivers from HK parts kits post 89. They were not the quality as the Greek imports.

I’ve read that. But I read that all those guns came with the thumb hole stocks and the guy I bought it from said the stocks on the gun were original as he was the original owner. I just can’t find anything definite it seems.

I believe that Springfield Armory was able to assemble those without thumbhole stocks, as they were not imported. The reciever should be the giveaway. Stamped are Greek, cast are aluminum by Hesse for SA.

Follow this link to tons of information:

Sign up and start researching. Lots of information about the Hesse cast receivers.

Enjoy!

Had one, buddy had a 91 at the same time. It’s not a bad clone, but it’s not equal either. And honestly the G3 is worthwhile only as a collectors piece, it’s development has peaked well behind modern firearms.