• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sartorius AY-123

Headquarterz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2009
SW Virginia
Quick question for digital scale users. I recently moved into a new house. When I set up my scale, it will not stabilize. Starts creeping from zero into negative numbers immediately. I left it on for several hours, zeroed it and again started going south. I have led lighting in my basement. Tried it in the kitchen as well. Didn't go as far in the negative but still won't stabilize. WTF.
Any ideas?
My previous location was in the garage if our old house. Florescent lights and all with no problems
Thanks

I think I have the same model scale. It's a strain gauge scale so it's just going to float around a bit.

First, make sure it's on for at least 24 hours (I just leave mine on all the time). I always start by calibrating it before each use also.

Keep it away from Florescent lighting. I also keep my cell phone away from it during use.

The slightest breeze or wind will cause it to move. Turn off any indoor fans and vents.

I installed one of those Ferro Magnet whatever clips onto the power cord and have it plugged into a voltage regulator. Still floats but settles in quicker than it used to. It's just the nature of this scale and a big part of why it's no longer made. It can still be accurate but it is not the easiest scale to reload with.