• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SAS Arbiter owners

Flyingbullseye

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 24, 2010
    Michigan
    So I've been starting quite a few threads regarding suppressors and am thankful for the help and advice so far. I'm at the point where I am getting close to making a decision and so far the thunderbeast 30P-1 is in the lead but before I do I want to make one last attempt at silencing that voice in the back of my mind to look at all my options.

I started looking at the SAS cans but go sidetracked with other offerings however still want to give it its fair due when weighing my decision.

With that how do you guys that own a SAS Arbiter (or friends with owners that have one) like it as far as its quality, accuracy, recoil/sound suppression, etc?
    Its lighter than the TBAC, has the same physical dimensions, both are direct thread and very close in price.

So for the owners of a SAS Arbiter what's your thoughts on it?

Good or bad helps so long as its not a homer type post.

Arbiter is a great suppressor, no noticeable difference between it and the thunderbeast, as far as suppression and accuracy. Both are good companies with good customer service.

I have several suppressors and i will agree that the Arbiter is a great suppressor. I have no complaints with sound or accuracy.

I'd love to tell you what I think, but I may die of boredom (or old age) by the time the BATFE gets around to stamping my Form 4!

Still, my friend has one (TOMB model), and really likes it.

I have the tomb version. love it. no poi shift, but it doesn't matter. Don't shoot without it. I get complements all the time (at competitions by the RO's) that it is the quietest can they have heard during the day.
    Mile High Shooting is the place to get one.
    But I know some people with the thunderbeast and love it also.

Ive had one with TOMB for a number of years that I won at ASC. Back whan they were several hundred cheaper than the comparable models they were a no brainier. Now that their pricing has been raised they're still a good option. I like mine a lot, they're light, quiet, and accurate.

Maybe I'm an outlier, but my Ti Arbiter opens my groups up. I've tried it on a variety of rifles and it pretty much always is the same. It was one of the earliest Ti models and When I first go it, it was filled with chips. Recently I tried it on an AR-10 and the groups opened up from .8moa to 1.5moa. It also shifted the point of impact 2moa to the right and about 1moa down. Back when I bought it, it was only $700, which is cheap for a Ti can. Mine is a thread on can. I have used it mainly on a 300/221 rifle since accuracy isn't really the point of that round.

Maybe I got a lemon...

I'd ask them to repair or replace it, that hasn't been my experience with mine.