• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors SAS can review

ptaylor

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2003
central texas
I got great deals and bought one of each: 5.56 and 7.62 steel cans from SAS. The 5.56 can has been great from the start excellent suppression and accuracy on my AR.

However, I had problems with my 7.62 can; I was running it on two rifles a .308 GAP and was getting very erratic performance, and on a Rem 700 .300 whisper and was having terrible accuracy problems. Come to find out my can had high runout and my thread jobs were not up to spec.

I call SAS and Tim the owner says send them in. After a quick turnaround (he worked over the weekend) I was able to shoot the can and rifles yesterday and couldn't be happier. Took my .308 out to 1000 with no problems and shot several sub MOA groups with my whisper.

Tim took care of my threading and can problems, was very helpful and I got a quick turnaround. I can highly recomend any SAS product.

Re: SAS can review

How in the world did you get him? Tried a couple months (E mail Phone and phone-friend)to get anothe Bushing for my 308 bushing cans to run them on the AR and finally gave up on the idea.

Call Stacey Blankenship at (252) 771-5112, he's serving as the liaison between SH members and SAS right now. He's easy to contact, and will get you fixed up.

Threads not up to spec? High run out? New suppressor?

Ummm, better keep the number.

Another SAS perspective...This is my first can. 30 cal with muzzle break attachments. I have breaks mounted on 2 rifles and have now put about 250 rounds through the can.

Impressions: Ear safe, a bit of a crack, but not more than a 20 inch barrel .22RF. Nice to hear steel ring at 700+

Impact/Zero change:
Rifle 1 (223ai) is .7 mil low at 100, zero wind effect
Rifle 2 (6XC) is .5 mil low at 100, zero wind effect
These results have been repeatable and remain consistent even when the can get warm. Not sure if this should be a problem or not.
Added the change, added my proven dope and first round hits at 725.

I am very pleased with the product. I hated the wait, but it is worth it to me...

What is SAS's email address I cant seem to find it on their website.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sp95</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is SAS's email address I cant seem to find it on their website. </div></div>

[email protected]

I'm trying like hell to like my SAS. It's a wonderful can, but having called multiple times trying to buy a simple muzzle device for a new rifle I'm building, only to be continuously ignored is wearing on me...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm trying like hell to like my SAS. It's a wonderful can, but having called multiple times trying to buy a simple muzzle device for a new rifle I'm building, only to be continuously ignored is wearing on me...

</div></div>

Try Stacey,
This is the route I am going to take... I understand he stocks the breaks.

Stacey Blankenship
Accuracy International North America
Email: "[email protected]"
Visit our new website: "accuracyinternational.com"
Office: (252) 771-5112

JRose, I have posted here several times my offering of assistance on this matter. just pm, email or call and I will assist.

I do try to keep the brakes instock, but if I am unavailable or out of stock, I know that Mile High Shooting Accy's is offering the same. Best wishes, happy holidays and take care.