• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors SAS Ti Arbiter 7.62 Muzzle Brake Mounting Qs

magnum_99

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2005
Idaho
I am seriously considering buying the SAS Ti Arbiter 7.62 with the muzzle brake mount for use on my Rem700P, my LR308, and my AR15. The ONLY reason I will not go with a regular thread-on can is because I want to run the suppressor on different rifles.

I would like to know from those with experience with the muzzle break/FH mounts:

1. whether or not they experience repeatable POI shift;
2. whether the can seems to affect accuracy;
3. whether or not the can loosens up on the mount after repeated firing;
4. whether anyone has recently had any problems with bad threads on the cans or mounts.

As this will be going on precision rifles, I need the can to be repeatable from mounting to mounting, and from shot to shot.

Thanks.

Re: SAS Ti Arbiter 7.62 Muzzle Brake Mounting Qs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: magnum_99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am seriously considering buying the SAS Ti Arbiter 7.62 with the muzzle brake mount for use on my Rem700P, my LR308, and my AR15. The ONLY reason I will not go with a regular thread-on can is because I want to run the suppressor on different rifles.

I would like to know from those with experience with the muzzle break/FH mounts:

4. whether anyone has recently had any problems with bad threads on the cans or mounts.

As this will be going on precision rifles, I need the can to be repeatable from mounting to mounting, and from shot to shot.

Thanks. </div></div>

I have an SAS SS 7.62 can (identical except for material construction).

1. YES - very repeatable POI shift
2. NO - not in a negative way!
wink.gif
(groups generally get a little smaller!)
3. NO - not that I've ever noticed.
4. YES - I got a MB mount that the threads were way to tight to allow the suppressor to mount. I ended up having my brother chase the threads on his lathe to clean them up and allow the suppressor to mount onto that particular MB. I could have sent it back but it wasnt' worth it to me personally.

Hope this answers your questions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: magnum_99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The ONLY reason I will not go with a regular thread-on can is because I want to run the suppressor on different rifles. </div></div>

Whats that got to do with the can threading on?

I ordered a TBAC 30P-1 in 18X1 for my Sako. I am planning on having the Remington recrowned and threaded in the same thread so its not an issue for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperCJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: magnum_99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The ONLY reason I will not go with a regular thread-on can is because I want to run the suppressor on different rifles. </div></div>

Whats that got to do with the can threading on? </div></div>

Unless he uses an adapter a 5/8x24 can isn't threading onto an AR15. He would have to have a bull barrel threaded as a standard barrel would not have enough shoulder material. I am not a fan of adapters.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ds762</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: magnum_99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am seriously considering buying the SAS Ti Arbiter 7.62 with the muzzle brake mount for use on my Rem700P, my LR308, and my AR15. The ONLY reason I will not go with a regular thread-on can is because I want to run the suppressor on different rifles.

Thanks. </div></div>

wink.gif
4. YES - I got a MB mount that the threads were way to tight to allow the suppressor to mount. I ended up having my brother chase the threads on his lathe to clean them up and allow the suppressor to mount onto that particular MB. I could have sent it back but it wasnt' worth it to me personally.

Hope this answers your questions. </div></div>

Thanks for the info.

Did you chase the brake threads or the can threads?

I just got the SAS Arbiter thread on model last night. For the money I spent and the product I got, I am pretty happy. I will wait till I can shoot with it to give my final opinion. One thing I did notice was the large amount of metal shavings from where they cut the threads are line bored the baffle stack.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperCJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: magnum_99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The ONLY reason I will not go with a regular thread-on can is because I want to run the suppressor on different rifles. </div></div>

Whats that got to do with the can threading on? </div></div>

Unless he uses an adapter a 5/8x24 can isn't threading onto an AR15. He would have to have a bull barrel threaded as a standard barrel would not have enough shoulder material. I am not a fan of adapters..... </div></div>

Ahhh, right. I wasnt thinking about barrel diameter. I run fat tubes on everything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: magnum_99</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ds762</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: magnum_99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am seriously considering buying the SAS Ti Arbiter 7.62 with the muzzle brake mount for use on my Rem700P, my LR308, and my AR15. The ONLY reason I will not go with a regular thread-on can is because I want to run the suppressor on different rifles.

Thanks. </div></div>

wink.gif

Hope this answers your questions. </div></div>

Thanks for the info.

Did you chase the brake threads or the can threads? </div></div>

I chased the brake threads .. the part that was defective and the easiest/cheapest to modify!

I have a question- what thread pitches are these muzzle brakes available in?

I'm curious as I am considering the SAS with the muzzle brake attachment as my next suppressor purchase.

-Bob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a question- what thread pitches are these muzzle brakes available in?

I'm curious as I am considering the SAS with the muzzle brake attachment as my next suppressor purchase.

-Bob </div></div>

I have adapters for the SAS LLC 30 CAL can in 5/8x24 and 18x1.5M (Arctic Warfare). I understand from Diann at Mile High Shooting Accessories that they also have 1/2x28 and maybe others that I am not remembering. I am now referring my customers to Mile High Shooting Accessories for additional Brake Adapters.

Darin Reiss
FFL/SOT in Haysville, KS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DarinR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a question- what thread pitches are these muzzle brakes available in?

-Bob </div></div>

I have adapters for the SAS LLC 30 CAL can in 5/8x24 and 18x1.5M (Arctic Warfare). I understand from Diann at Mile High Shooting Accessories that they also have 1/2x28 and maybe others that I am not remembering. I am now referring my customers to Mile High Shooting Accessories for additional Brake Adapters.

Darin Reiss
FFL/SOT in Haysville, KS </div></div>Looks like I should have bought this type then. I got a single point in 18x1.5, but have since acquired rifles in other thread pitches. It would have been much better to buy a brake than thread a barrel.

I have decided to go with a 51T AAC 7.62 SD. I believe this mount corrects the problems they had with the 18T mount, and the 51T mount has a locking latch, where the SAS can does not.

I want to use this can on bolt action AND semi-auto guns, and it seems that only way to ensure the can won't come loose, is with a locking type attachment.

I WILL make sure that my bolt gun barrel is threaded by someone who knows how to do it for a suppressor, and will make sure the mount and can are concentric to the barrel bore before firing.

It seems that suppressors require a little more input from the user than something like a scope, in order to avoid any problems.