• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Satern barrels

I had a Satern barrel in 6.5G a while back. It shot great! Sub MOA with factory hornady black ammo at 200yds and took it out to 1,193 on a full size silhouette target. The fitment into the receiver was nice and tight.

Reactions: waveslayer
Found out why satern is on sale.
Probably call it a close out.
Went to satern site 4/20 listed were in stock not what I expected.

I don't buy out of stock anything..
Don't Fish for my money.

When a mfg lists 20 different 6.5 g barrels in a range of specs you want but only 4 of the 6.5 g are in stock they are fishing for stupid people to back order the good shit.

Don't be nieve.
After further searches on s h , 2 things came out.
1 they have made some well performing barrels.
2 they can't or won't keep up manufacturing or delivery.

Read between the lines on brownells sale, looks like they have had enough.

It's a shame, sounded good

Satern doesn’t make that Brownells barrel. Liberty does. Maybe it’s Liberty who can’t keep up with production. My point is, Brownells says it’s in stock?
I have an 18” and it shoots great. I bought it from an individual for $200 with the bolt.

You don know wtf, this is from Brownell's site!

Brownells AR-15/M16 barrels, made for Brownells by Satern Barrels, feature 5R button rifling and are machined from 416R gun barrel steel for a superior shooting barrel. These 6.5 Grendel barrels feature a stainless steel finish. Barrels have 1-8 twist for excellent performance with a wide range of bullets. Available in 18” & 24” lengths. The 18” barrel features a mid-length gas system, while the 24” has a rifle length system. Muzzle is threaded 5/8"-24 and the gas shoulder accepts 0.750" gas block. Chamber is 6.5 Grendel II. Opposite side of gas port features a dimple for a gas block set screw. A 6.5 Grendel bolt is included with each barrel. Bolt is machined from 9310 steel with a bolt face depth of .136". Barrel extension is M4 feed ramp style.

So I think maybe do a little more resurch next time before calling me out on it.
It's not personal dude. If they had what they advertise on thier factory site in stock
I would have made a purchase. Brownells has leftover crap they are discounting,
In probably a purge from a manufacturer that cant meet commitment.

You sir are not nearly synical enough to not get hosed by modern schemes.

Edit: I did not say thier barrels were not good, thier business practice sucks!

My Satern is a bad motherfucker, it's a 6.5 G, 20" and cut rifled. I got it years ago, I think it's a 1:8.75 twist IIRC. It's my most accurate rifle, most accurate barrel I've ever had or seen. Will do .33MOA all day with 120gr. BT's. But it's only good for about 1MOA, maybe a bit less with SMK's of various weights. I got the idea of the BT's from Bill Alexander, we used to talk from time to time when and just after I got out of the army.

But the button rifle barrels, if I'm not mistaken, are make by Liberty, which is/was a separate company, I don't know, maybe they bought 'em out and label 'em that. But as far as I know, only cut rifle barrels are marked Satern.

If it's cut rifle, get it. If it's button rifle, I don't know what to tell 'ya. Satern has 'em on sale on their site from time to time, just gotta check often. They're worth it. But custom ordering a barrel? Forget about it. My first one took three years, I never saw the second one.

But yeah, if it's cut rifle, get it. If not, wait and they'll have some for sale soon enough. Or you can go with another cut rifle mfg.

Reactions: deersniper
You don know wtf, this is from Brownell's site!

Brownells AR-15/M16 barrels, made for Brownells by Satern Barrels, feature 5R button rifling and are machined from 416R gun barrel steel for a superior shooting barrel. These 6.5 Grendel barrels feature a stainless steel finish. Barrels have 1-8 twist for excellent performance with a wide range of bullets. Available in 18” & 24” lengths. The 18” barrel features a mid-length gas system, while the 24” has a rifle length system. Muzzle is threaded 5/8"-24 and the gas shoulder accepts 0.750" gas block. Chamber is 6.5 Grendel II. Opposite side of gas port features a dimple for a gas block set screw. A 6.5 Grendel bolt is included with each barrel. Bolt is machined from 9310 steel with a bolt face depth of .136". Barrel extension is M4 feed ramp style.

So I think maybe do a little more resurch next time before calling me out on it.
It's not personal dude. If they had what they advertise on thier factory site in stock
I would have made a purchase. Brownells has leftover crap they are discounting,
In probably a purge from a manufacturer that cant meet commitment.

You sir are not nearly synical enough to not get hosed by modern schemes.

Edit: I did not say thier barrels were not good, thier business practice sucks!
Okay, you’re just too fucking smart to understand. So I’m going to say it again, real slow like Kindergarten. Satern does not make those fucking barrels. Liberty makes them. Satern recently stated they bought Liberty barrels which makes the barrels now Satern barrels. Just like Aero bought Ballistic Advantage barrels. Geez man, if you don’t want to buy the fucking thing, don’t buy it....it’s still a good barrel and bolt for the price and for it to go on sale at Brownells doesn’t mean Satern can’t ship them. They are in stock right now for a decent price. LOL

Oh look, it’s even marked Brownells. How can that be it’s a Satern barrel made by Liberty. Kind of like the Geissele trigger that Brownells puts on “sale” fairly often. It’s made by Geissele but marketed by Brownells. Does this mean Geissele has bad business practices???? No, I don’t think so!

Attachments

• 6639095E-F4B9-47A3-85BE-AD61F9BCECBE.jpeg
    6639095E-F4B9-47A3-85BE-AD61F9BCECBE.jpeg
    350.2 KB · Views: 145
If satern bought liberty then it's a satern, that's the way brownells lists it.
If brownells is wrong take it up with them.

Satern did not have any of the cut rifled barrels I wanted in stock, niether did brownells.
They should quit listing things they don't intend to produce just to try and hock
the button rifled shit.

Bait and switch bitch!

When a mfg lists 20 different 6.5 g barrels in a range of specs you want but only 4 of the 6.5 g are in stock they are fishing for stupid people to back order the good shit.

Don't be nieve.
After further searches on s h , 2 things came out.
1 they have made some well performing barrels.
2 they can't or won't keep up manufacturing or delivery.

Read between the lines on brownells sale, looks like they have had enough.

It's a shame, sounded good

Satern purchased Liberty a while back. The button rifled barrels are sold under the Liberty label, while cut rifled barrels are Satern.

As for stocking, the folks at Satern are extremely nice and they work very hard to keep up with demand. If a product is out of stock on the website, you can generally call and they will check with the shop to give you an ETA on when it will be back in stock. You can also place back-orders and custom orders directly this way. There are some other types of barrels, including Savage Pre-fits that they will make and sell but haven't added to their website.

Last edited:
Thanks @Tx_Aggie .
I get miffed when I read reviews and start shopping only to find out of stock on what I want repetitively.

Thier button rifled tube may do for
My shot out carbine, I will look again.
I need 1 moa to be happy with my life.

Getting a craving for a 6.5g upper as well and every body out of my choice as well.

Go figure

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
Obsidian arms uses Satern-mostly button. The cut rifled are back ordered and have been for a while according to owner of Obisidian-but they can be had with a long enough wait.

Can't wait for back order on anything ever again.
Refuse to tie up funds for promises.

Life is short when your old.

If satern bought liberty then it's a satern, that's the way brownells lists it.
If brownells is wrong take it up with them.

Satern did not have any of the cut rifled barrels I wanted in stock, niether did brownells.
They should quit listing things they don't intend to produce just to try and hock
the button rifled shit.

Bait and switch bitch!
Either way… it’s a Satern barrel. Hopefully multiple years later you’ve had time to reflect on your failure.s.

No failure on my part.
I spent less than 250$ delivered in stock for a barrel that shoots under 1/2 inch with two different loads so far, and had it in 3 days.

Can't belive the fan boy mentality rampant on here.

Reactions: rpoL98