• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Saudi Arabia, Jordan, UAE Join US in Air Strikes in Syria

I believe pmclaine is stating is that the perp who rapes is doing it under laws against it. Otherwise, there is a reason why he is doing it. It's not accepted.

Most likely case scenario for a rapist doing it is to "gain or have control" and to give "detrimental" affect on the victim. Aka: weopon.

Dude let's not complicate this. People do it because they are horny and won't get punished. It's that simple. I don't think they d get a playboy magazine and excuse themselves to the bathroom.

Last edited:
Guys don't rape because they are horny and they think they won't get caught. They have issues. Rape is a violent crime. Get this through your head.

on a different note, and to get back on thread, they took advantage of this to hit an al-qaeda affiliate in Syria and the terrorists just released a statement saying their leader is dead. 1 for the blue team!
2 with 1 stone.

It's not me you have to worry about. It's the people doing it every day in this country despite your "Republic ruled by law". And your college campuses, bastion of intellectuals where 1 out of 5 woman is raped! That my friend, is without complete control of territory and despite your "Republic ruled by law"

You know I read a post by someone like KYPatriot and I feel buoyed and positive for the country.......

What your trying to justify or condone in this post is about the most depressing thing I've ever seen posted here.

Dude, let's not start with this Quran stuff. The bible says to kill your neighbor if he works on the sabbath, or just like the Quran, it says to stone adulterers. None of us does it. Unless you have something to confess.

The point is, all those books have outrageous stuff in them. The question is: "How can I do what I want and justify it with scripture" Or in a lawyer's case how can I find a loophole in the tax code?
Human nature. None of these Daish (ISIS) people have time to pray with all this raiding. And you shouldn't have sex with a woman you are not married to, that's the Quran too! But like you shouldn't eat meat on Fridays from the Bible, that's being ignored. Cherry picking aint new. The crusaders and the inquisitors had their time too! Human nature.
Dude, get a life! If you read the string, and have a modicum of intelligence, you will see, as any reader will, that I was addressing the wearing of burkas by so many of those in muslim countries. It isn't because the average muslim man thinks all the other men want to rape his female, but rather those that actually follow the Koran, believe their women should be covered. To even start with your dribble about cherry picking, or going after the bible, or what ever you have up your ass, is at best juvenile. The statement was made regarding the untrustworthiness of the average muslim man, and the reason that so many of the muslim women wear burkas and the like, again I don't think all muslims born rapists, thus every female should be covered with a burka. I believe the reason so many millions of muslims have their women wearing burkas and the like, is they are trying to follow their religion. Also your childish attack on my post, by posting your take on the bible, is idiotic. But if Christians were commonly killing their neighbor for working on the Sabbath, or were stoning adulterers, that would a fact. And the reason would be a fact. There would be no judgment as to good or bad, facts are facts- just, is it common? is it a common reason? In these two ridiculous examples they are Extremely uncommon, I don't even know of, even one time in the US, in the last year, someone stoned an adulterer, or stoned their neighbor to death for working on the Sabbath! Let's don't confuse the conversation with religion, this is not a site for religion, or religious discussion. Of course, facts are facts, and if the reason is one of religious belief, this is not a discussion of religion, but rather stating facts. You seem to have a problem with this basic idea.
I also would like to point out your are wrong, regarding your statement, ''''"and you should not have sex with women you aren't married to, that's is the Koran too!""" in fact, Koran 33.50 says it is OKAY to have sex with your wives and your slaves girls. Please, this sort of thing, is very easily looked up, so, before you state this type of crap, look it up, you might learn something in the process, and won't look like an idiot by posting false shit.

Last edited:
You know I read a post by someone like KYPatriot and I feel buoyed and positive for the country.......

What your trying to justify or condone in this post is about the most depressing thing I've ever seen posted here.

Well kid, welcome to earth! You should get out there, travel, get involved in a war or two, see who people really are. Not when they are comfortable like here in this country, and most likely don't really know themselves, but also when they are in situations were real hardship and reality exists. This is what human beings do! It's not about justifying or condoning it. It's reality, it's everywhere you look even Harvard, let alone the fields of Syria. read the stats!. This war is not the first one, and it won't be the last. Human behavior is dictated by thousand of years of animal behavior and only a few hundreds of so called "civilization".
You can avert your eyes if you want, you can tell yourself it's just sick people, you can kid yourself all you want. You can even sleep better by telling yourself that I condone it. But this is earth! I am merely stating a fact, and since you can't handle it, let's change the subject.

Last edited:
Dude, get a life! If you read the string, and have a modicum of intelligence, you will see, as any reader will, that I was addressing the wearing of burkas by so many of those in muslim countries. It isn't because the average muslim any thinks all the other men want to rape his female, but rather those that actually follow the Koran, believe their women should be covered. To even start with your dribble about cherry picking, or going after the bible, or what ever you have up your ass, is at best juvenile. The statement was made regarding the untrustworthiness of the average muslim man, and the reason that so many of the muslim women wear burkas and the like, again I don't think all muslims born rapists, thus ever female should be covered with a burka. I believe the reason so many millions of muslims have their women wearing burkas and the like, is they are trying to follow their religion. Also you childish attack on my post, by posting your take on the bible, is idiotic. But if Christians were commonly killing their neighbor for working on the Sabbath, or were stoning adulterers, that would a fact. And the reason would be a fact. There would be no judgment as to good or bad, facts are facts- just, is it common? is it a common reason? In these two ridiculous examples they are Extremely uncommon, I don't even know of even on time in the US, in the last year someone stoned an adulterer, or stoned their neighbor to death for working on the Sabbath! Let's don't confuse the conversation with religion, this is not a site for religion, or religious discussion. Of course, facts are facts, and if the reason is one of religious belief, this is not a discussion of religion, but rather stating facts. You seem to have a problem with this basic idea.

You are right! I apologize. Have a good day!

Which Bible did you read that in?

As a Christian you don't get to disown the old testament buddy, it doesn't work like that. I know what you are tying to do here buddy, but I have heard it before. God wrote that one too! :)
Jesus is part of a long line of messiahs that started in the old testament where the stoning, killing, and all sorts of things reside. The bible didn't start 2000 years ago. This shouldn't be a debate. I am not getting into debating facts. We do too much of it in this country.

Genesis is in the old testament, and that's accepted. So should killing your neighbor for working on the Sabbath. You don't get to cherry pick where you want history to begin. Which was my point above with folks choosing scripture to match their ideas.

Last edited:
"Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children". (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

Don't you think ISIS or Daish could be using this? Quran, or Bible, shinto, people will use scripture, or even civil law for their agendas. We shouldn't in 2014 be debating that. My point is let's stop blaming religion. People are bad. Human nature! And it's not enough to say, oh it's sick people. That would be fooling yourselves. It's human nature. The difference is some of us, make the decision to live decent lives, while others let themselves go. But it's in all of us. The question is how much control do you want to have over it? So like the distinguished gentlemen above , some do want to have control over it, but some also just say f*ck it, if I won't get caught, I ll do it! If you haven't figured that one yet, you are going to have a hard time down here especially when your government isn't there to protect you anymore. Heck people are wonderful! What are you doing on a precision rifle blog? Bird watching with your scopes?

Last edited:
I feel the urge to butt in and say we were created by aliens at this point but I will refrain from doing so. So no I won't say we were created by aliens or the sort. Doing so would be getting off the subject.

( ha ha )

Let's get back to the subject at hand ;)

I feel the urge to butt in and say we were created by aliens at this point but I will refrain from doing so. So no I won't say we were created by aliens or the sort. Doing so would be getting off the subject.

( ha ha )

Let's get back to the subject at hand ;)

You know someone said something that made me think and laugh at the same time. It went as follows:

" My fear isn't that we are going to get visited by aliens. My fears is they visited us, but decided not to make contact because what they saw in us disappointed them" <-- some dude said that

Human nature is a terrible thing buddy.

Just nuke the whole region or stay the fk out of that shthole, there is not one thing we need from that area of the world and the rest of the world would be better off without one living organism living there for the next couple hundred years

Human nature is a terrible thing buddy.

Human nature is what got Columbus over the horizon, the X1 through the sound barrier, Hillary on Everest, Apollo on the moon, cured polio, built other amazing engineering feats.

I dont deny the darkness of human nature. The Founding Fathers recognized this and specifically designed a Constitution to contain its most base aspects.

I truly believe the spectrum of human nature is a inviolable constant. Thats why mandates that go against it are not 100% effective or entirely doomed to failure - prohibitions, bans on behavior, most laws restricting the individual.

In inhuman circumstances a person is not less of a warrior by choosing to maintain a level of humanity. In contrast he is better for doing so and his cause is more likely to be successful by not alienating those about him.

Read some of the stories from survivors of the Nazi concentration camps and discover the heights of human resilience in the face of absolutely shit situations. Just because the world has become hell it is not a requirement to survival that you sink to the level of the tormentor.

If your thinking is "Well hell, Its war everyone is doing it." then I guess you are in agreement with the actions of the SS.

Im an American. I know we are not virgins. Even our romanticized Revolution had atrocity committed by the Rebellion upon the Loyalists. The difference between us and our enemies is that we realize that just because it happens does not make it right.

Human nature is what got Columbus over the horizon, the X1 through the sound barrier, Hillary on Everest, Apollo on the moon, cured polio, built other amazing engineering feats.

I dont deny the darkness of human nature. The Founding Fathers recognized this and specifically designed a Constitution to contain its most base aspects.

I truly believe the spectrum of human nature is a inviolable constant. Thats why mandates that go against it are not 100% effective or entirely doomed to failure - prohibitions, bans on behavior, most laws restricting the individual.

In inhuman circumstances a person is not less of a warrior by choosing to maintain a level of humanity. In contrast he is better for doing so and his cause is more likely to be successful by not alienating those about him.

Read some of the stories from survivors of the Nazi concentration camps and discover the heights of human resilience in the face of absolutely shit situations. Just because the world has become hell it is not a requirement to survival that you sink to the level of the tormentor.

If your thinking is "Well hell, Its war everyone is doing it." then I guess you are in agreement with the actions of the SS.

Im an American. I know we are not virgins. Even our romanticized Revolution had atrocity committed by the Rebellion upon the Loyalists. The difference between us and our enemies is that we realize that just because it happens does not make it right.

Human nature is a terrible thing buddy, because it's easier to sin(rape, kill) than it is to cure polio, put Appolo on the moon. That's human nature: "Easier to do bad than good", and for that:
Human nature is a terrible thing. And that's why you my friend have a gun! it's not so you can lick it, it's because human nature is a terrible thing.

Last edited:
Human nature is a terrible thing buddy, because it's easier to sin than it is to cure polio, put Appolo on the moon. That's human nature: "Easier to do bad than good", and for that:
Human nature is a terrible thing. And that's why you my friend have a gun! it's not so you can lick it, it's because human nature is a terrible thing.

...and maintaining that type of a belief about your fellow humans is exactly what is driving the people that want to take my guns away - "He is a human, therefore he is bad, therefore we must take his firearms away before he uses them for evil. I am an elite and therefore I am good and only I should have firearms".

I meet all kinds of people every day in situations created because they are doing something "bad". 99.9 percent of them are truly good only doing something that really only puts them in harms way but due to costs to the society or potential for harming someone minding their own business laws have been made to restrict behavior.

That other .01 percent I seldom see and never gets identified until they do something heinous is typical of your world view.

Your concept of human nature, as it pertains to America, is the reverse of reality. sure a shithole failed civilization such as Somalia may experience your world view. If you want to find a reason why that does not exist here look no further than the US Constitution and than do everything you can to make sure we continue to abide by it.

Last edited:
...and maintaining that type of a belief about your fellow humans is exactly what is driving the people that want to take my guns away - "He is a human, therefore he is bad, therefore we must take his firearms away before he uses them for evil. I am an elite and therefore I am good and only I should have firearms".

I meet all kinds of people every day in situations created because they are doing something "bad". 99.9 percent of them are truly good only doing something that really only puts them in harms way but due to costs to the society or potential for harming someone minding their own business laws have been made to restrict behavior.

That other .01 percent I seldom see and never gets identified until they do something heinous is typical of your world view.

Your concept of human nature, as it pertains to America, is the reverse of reality. sure a shithole failed civilization such as Somalia may experience your world view. If you want to find a reason why that does not exist here look no further than the US Constitution and than do everything you can to make sure we continue to abide by it.

Alright, you are right! Have a good day!

I just read Iran has a constitution as well but I'm pretty sure their's is inferior to ours.

I just read Iran has a constitution as well but I'm pretty sure their's is inferior to ours.

Dude, that's why I elected not to get into it. And just signed off! Where do you begin? So it's better to leave it where it is.
Crime rate in the US? Prison population? So the constitution is why the US is not Somalia? The same constitution with the whole slavery part?
Did you know that some countries on this planet actually adopted the US constitution? Yet, there is only 1 US. Why is it so if it's the constitution. Of course one does not know that. So let's not debate any further, because there are a lot of things missing.

The same constitution of "Women don't vote". Wasn't Katrina essentially Somalia, despite the constitution? Did people behave any better? South central LA, Chicago? Harlem in the 80's? Where do you begin?
How can someone's thought process somehow skip all that? It's not worth a debate. There are too many things missing. Not to mention how one stretches a proven fact about
human nature to read the mind of gun grabbers, and say that it is what I am trying to say. I just don't follow anymore.

Dude, that's why I elected not to get into it. And just signed off! Where do you begin? So it's better to leave it where it is.
Crime rate in the US? Prison population? So the constitution is why the US is not Somalia? The same constitution with the whole slavery part?
Did you know that some countries on this planet actually adopted the US constitution? Yet, there is only 1 US. Why is it so if it's the constitution. Of course one does not know that. So let's not debate any further, because there are a lot of things missing.

The same constitution of "Women don't vote". Wasn't Katrina essentially Somalia, despite the constitution? Did people behave any better? South central LA, Chicago? Harlem in the 80's? Where do you begin?
How can someone's thought process somehow skip all that? It's not worth a debate. There are too many things missing. Not to mention how one stretches a proven fact about
human nature to read the mind of gun grabbers, and say that it is what I am trying to say. I just don't follow anymore.

I never said it was perfect. Perfection is against human nature.

Here is another human nature example - My Lai. Do you know why it ended?

I'll stand with, admire and believe in the chopper pilot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Thompson,_Jr.

Last edited:
If we would just start dropping the corpses of rotting pigs that might push some of them over the edge, along with 100,000s of bottles of really cheap whiskey. My guess is they'd get liquored up, and be so pissed off over the pigs guts, they even act more stupid than they do now. All kidding aside, if we announced ALL our munitions we now going to contain pig guts, and all enemy combatant's corpse would be sprayed down with pig lard prior to mass grave burials (and actually do it), we may be able to scare a few of these little shits into quitting the battle field-going back to their stone age (mentality) villages, and just take out their inferiority complexes on one of their wives....just saying.

Last edited:
Just nuke the whole region or stay the fk out of that shthole, there is not one thing we need from that area of the world and the rest of the world would be better off without one living organism living there for the next couple hundred years

Who would work the oil fields

If we would just start dropping the corpses of rotting pigs that might push some of them over the edge, along with 100,000s of bottles of really cheap whiskey. My guess is they'd get liquored up, and be so pissed off over the pigs guts, they even act more stupid than they do now. All kidding aside, if we announced ALL our munitions we now going to contain pig guts, and all enemy combatant's corpse would be sprayed down with pig lard prior to mass grave burials (and actually do it), we may be able to scare a few of these little shits into quitting the battle field-going back to their stone age (mentality) villages, and just take out their inferiority complexes on one of their wives....just saying.

What, no drinking the blood of their children, too?

LMAO. What moral superiority ...

How about we just ignore that part of the world and focus on homeland security and border security? Land borders, airports, sea borders? Isn't that cheaper and more reasonable? Why do we always have to go into people's houses and clean sh*t up? The brits aren't doing anything, neither are the japanese and the chinese. Those people are fine. Why do we get involved in those things?

How about we just ignore that part of the world and focus on homeland security and border security? Land borders, airports, sea borders? Isn't that cheaper and more reasonable? Why do we always have to go into people's houses and clean sh*t up? The brits aren't doing anything, neither are the japanese and the chinese. Those people are fine. Why do we get involved in those things?

I don't mean to play school marm, but you seem to be working at a distinct disadvantage.

The Brits did plenty in the southern half of Iraq, and they've had a presence in Afghanistan, as well as other Commonwealth forces. Read: https://www.gov.uk/uk-forces-operations-in-afghanistan Moreover, they've already historically been in the region since about forever. Read: First Anglo-Afghan War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Read: Second Anglo-Afghan War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Read: Third Anglo-Afghan War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Japan is limited by post-war agreements, treaties, accords, etc. to the depth and breadth of their projection of military strength. I think they sent some sort of non-combatant token presence in the region: Japanese Iraq Reconstruction and Support Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia More: Why China Should Do More In Afghanistan | The Diplomat Our relations are already somewhat strained, as there is growing resentment of our presence on their soil, and the pressure for more from them on Afghanistan could be a step too far: America's Afghanistan albatross | The Japan Times Additionally, they're busy as hell with a shadow war with the PRC.

The PRC doesn't want to upset the apple cart with the region because they're about ready to mine the shit out of Afghanistan. Read: http://carnegieendowment.org/files/china_role_afghanistan.pdf Additionally, they aren't trying to gain very much negative attention on the part of rank and file Muslims because of their own dirty hands in dealing with Muslim ethnic minorities within Chinese borders. Again, read: Uyghur Muslims face 'oppression' in Xinjiang, 30 December 2013

I don't mean to play school marm, but you seem to be working at a distinct disadvantage.

The Brits did plenty in the southern half of Iraq, and they've had a presence in Afghanistan, as well as other Commonwealth forces. Read: https://www.gov.uk/uk-forces-operations-in-afghanistan Moreover, they've already historically been in the region since about forever. Read: First Anglo-Afghan War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Read: Second Anglo-Afghan War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Read: Third Anglo-Afghan War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Japan is limited by post-war agreements, treaties, accords, etc. to the depth and breadth of their projection of military strength. I think they sent some sort of non-combatant token presence in the region: Japanese Iraq Reconstruction and Support Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia More: Why China Should Do More In Afghanistan | The Diplomat Our relations are already somewhat strained, as there is growing resentment of our presence on their soil, and the pressure for more from them on Afghanistan could be a step too far: America's Afghanistan albatross | The Japan Times Additionally, they're busy as hell with a shadow war with the PRC.

The PRC doesn't want to upset the apple cart with the region because they're about ready to mine the shit out of Afghanistan. Read: http://carnegieendowment.org/files/china_role_afghanistan.pdf Additionally, they aren't trying to gain very much negative attention on the part of rank and file Muslims because of their own dirty hands in dealing with Muslim ethnic minorities within Chinese borders. Again, read: Uyghur Muslims face 'oppression' in Xinjiang, 30 December 2013

My question is what happens if we do nothing? Other countries are doing nothing and are fine. What happens if we don't blow a bunch of money on stuff we can spend right here.
What happens if we do nothing? Instead we secure our country?

Veer, I love the lads in the UK military but seriously, their whole force is equal to maybe two US Army Mech Inf Divisions, great guys fighting for a cheap uncaring country. Dont make them out to be bigger or more effective than they are, it is a disservice to the guys in their ill-equipped and underfunded force. Good dudes for sure though.

I worked with the now defunct 1st Queens back in the early 80's, they still use the same equipment that they had then today. Some upgrades but not much.

Europe becomes the target of choice, then they have to fend for themselves, we sell weapons and goods to them, we become rich , they finally do some dirty work. Or they perish.

My question is what happens if we do nothing? Other countries are doing nothing and are fine. What happens if we don't blow a bunch of money on stuff we can spend right here.
What happens if we do nothing? Instead we secure our country?

Europe becomes the target of choice, then they have to fend for themselves, we sell weapons and goods to them, we become rich , they finally do some dirty work. Or they perish.

I like that!
Also, wouldn't the arabs see their region descend into chaos and have to jump in for once and straighten it up themselves? We cry about how people at home are dependent on the government, but everytime something happens overseas, the same people at home who say no dependency for the citizens want foreigners to be dependent on us to solve their problem. Iraq war 1 trillion dollars down the drain. Had we given it up as welfare, wouldn't it be better? Than put it into a country which is not our own, and which is not even grateful? They hate us for it!
We have the advantage of an Ocean. Let's use it, let's protect ourselves at home and let people solve their own problem. That's how nations develop character. We had the civil war, it was bloody, but we figured it out, and came out of it. Had someone jumped in every ten seconds, the fight would never have ended! You are not helping them by doing this. You are making them more dependent!

Last edited:
Veer, I love the lads in the UK military but seriously, their whole force is equal to maybe two US Army Mech Inf Divisions, great guys fighting for a cheap uncaring country. Dont make them out to be bigger or more effective than they are, it is a disservice to the guys in their ill-equipped and underfunded force. Good dudes for sure though.

I worked with the now defunct 1st Queens back in the early 80's, they still use the same equipment that they had then today. Some upgrades but not much.

I'm not trying to exaggerate their contribution. I'm just trying dispel the black-and-white, two-dimensional idea that nobody else is doing anything. I wanted to give some background so that a curious but factually deficient reader might come back into the debate better armed. The UK's contribution? It's like presents at a wedding. The toaster that you receive may be unimpressive on its own, but when you consider what it represented for a proud, elderly relative on a fixed income, it means a lot more. Whatever our cousins can do is always appreciated.

I'm not trying to exaggerate their contribution. I'm just trying dispel the black-and-white, two-dimensional idea that nobody else is doing anything. I wanted to give some background so that a curious but factually deficient reader might come back into the debate better armed. The UK's contribution? It's like presents at a wedding. The toaster that you receive may be unimpressive on its own, but when you consider what it represented for a proud, elderly relative on a fixed income, it means a lot more. Whatever our cousins can do is always appreciated.

Curious but deficient? You don't know me, you don't know my background. My point about the brits not doing anything didn't relate to history but to current times. Somehow you couldn't grasp that.
A brit got beheaded, they ve had more terrorist attacks than us. Daish (ISIS) comes up, they do nothing! Yet we are the ones bombing. That's what I was talking about. Understand now?
China and Japan's mention was sarcastic as to say there are several countries in the world that aren't doing anything about Daish so why should we. I just used China and Japan as pawns. I wonder what you would have copied and pasted, I had written Angola and guatemala aren't doing anything.
You missed my point, I was trying to let you go, but then you started name calling and all your wikipedia copy and paste. What I wrote shouldn't have been that hard to comprehend, yet you achieved to do so, and even elected to be haughty!

Last edited:
I like that!
Also, wouldn't the arabs see their region descend into chaos and have to jump in for once and straighten it up themselves? We cry about how people at home are dependent on the government, but everytime something happens overseas, the same people at home who say no dependency for the citizens want foreigners to be dependent on us to solve their problem. Iraq war 1 trillion dollars down the drain. Had we given it up as welfare, wouldn't it be better? Than put it into a country which is not our own, and which is not even grateful? They hate us for it!
We have the advantage of an Ocean. Let's use it, let's protect ourselves at home and let people solve their own problem. That's how nations develop character. We had the civil war, it was bloody, but we figured it out, and came out of it. Had someone jumped in every ten seconds, the fight would never have ended! You are not helping them by doing this. You are making them more dependent!

Ocean? Ever heard of an ICBM? Ever heard of terrorist infiltration? Korea's getting closer to actually being able to hit the West Coast, and there are enough Second and Third World players who are developing technology that can reach us easily. Hell, India managed to put a satellite around Mars on their first try: India Satellite Reaches Mars Orbit on First Try - WSJ

You're looking for simple solutions that haven't existed for decades. To have played the game from a position of absolute power, we should have just gone in like brigands and stolen everything petrochemical and mineral that wasn't nailed down, but that's not us. That's what the other guys do. Our period of global influence is beginning to wane, and retiring to our borders and closing ourselves off like feudal Japan once did is not the answer. There are no simple answers, and craving the simplicity of a ready, one-size-fits-all solution isn't going to make one opo out of the air like a schmoo ready for the frying pan.

Ocean? Ever heard of an ICBM? Ever heard of terrorist infiltration? Korea's getting closer to actually being able to hit the West Coast, and there are enough Second and Third World players who are developing technology that can reach us easily. Hell, India managed to put a satellite around Mars on their first try: India Satellite Reaches Mars Orbit on First Try - WSJ

You're looking for simple solutions that haven't existed for decades. To have played the game from a position of absolute power, we should have just gone in like brigands and stolen everything petrochemical and mineral that wasn't nailed down, but that's not us. That's what the other guys do. Our period of global influence is beginning to wane, and retiring to our borders and closing ourselves off like feudal Japan once did is not the answer. There are no simple answers, and craving the simplicity of a ready, one-size-fits-all solution isn't going to make one opo out of the air like a schmoo ready for the frying pan.

We are talking ISIS, you bring up ICBM and the Koreans, out of nowhere! Because ISIS has a rocket program? And what do the Koreans have to do with ISIS? Seriously? Like seriously? And people wonder why the US' influence is waning. The citizenry is not what it used to be. How far did you get in school?
Everybody listen to what this guy is saying. Does this make sense to anybody?

Last edited:
We are talking ISIS, you bring up ICBM and the Koreans, out of nowhere! Because ISIS has a rocket program? And what do the Koreans have to do with ISIS? Seriously? Like seriously? And people wonder why the US' influence is waning. The citizenry is not what it used to be. How far did you get in school?
Everybody listen to what this guy is saying. Does this make sense to anybody?

Calm down. You brought up the ocean, I didn't. That water isn't stopping our enemies from attacking us, and yes, they do work from time to time in concert against us. As in, they cooperate with each other to achieve mutually important goals.

And as far as schooling goes, I've had enough to not have to resort to writing as if I were stopping every other sentence to shovel impressive shit out of a thesaurus. Really, perkantino, let's not start trying to play the drama card here as you have elsewhere. I'm not going to engage you in any more debate. It's an entirely worthless endeavor. Feel free to type whatever floats your boat.

Calm down. You brought up the ocean, I didn't. That water isn't stopping our enemies from attacking us, and yes, they do work from time to time in concert against us. As in, they cooperate with each other to achieve mutually important goals.

And as far as schooling goes, I've had enough to not have to resort to writing as if I were stopping every other sentence to shovel impressive shit out of a thesaurus. Really, perkantino, let's not start trying to play the drama card here as you have elsewhere. I'm not going to engage you in any more debate. It's an entirely worthless endeavor. Feel free to type whatever floats your boat.

Here is what you failed to grasp again. Doing nothing against ISIS does not equate doing nothing against Korea. But somehow you mashed the two, which you must now realize you did. Somehow your brain couldn't separate leaving ISIS to their devices and leave everybody else to their devices. These two are separate things.
Again, doing nothing about a bunch of low tech thugs running the desert in pickup trucks, doesn't equate doing nothing about the Koreans or actual threats that have the technology to actually pose a REAL threat. But somehow you conflated doing nothing concerning ISIS to doing nothing about Koreans. Not only that you decided to engage in claiming mind superiority. seriously Veer_G? seriously? As for your last sentence, I accept your surrender. One last thing: Given that I am not using a thesaurus, I will consider your comment to be flattery and for that, thank you, you managed to make me blush.

Last edited:

I think Israel is the target of choice and they are surrounded by hostile countries. Even the Saudi's realize that if their population starts to buy in to the idea of an Islamic world power, there isn't really much they can do about it so they are planning accordingly.

Again, doing nothing about a bunch of low tech thugs running the desert in pickup trucks, doesn't equate doing nothing about the Koreans or actual threats that have the technology to actually pose a REAL threat. But somehow you conflated doing nothing concerning ISIS to doing nothing about Koreans. Not only that you decided to engage in claiming mind superiority. seriously Veer_G? seriously? As for your last sentence, I accept your surrender. One last thing: Given that I am not using a thesaurus, I will consider your comment to be flattery and for that, thank you, you managed to make me blush.

ISIS is more than a bunch of low tech thugs running around the desert in pickup trucks, and they are arguably more legitimate than the "official" Iraqi government, especially in the 'reakpolitik' where the ability of enforce your will through violence is greater than the inability to enforce your will through democracy.

I personally love the idea of ISIS, Let half the population kill the other half. Then when they are nice and concentrated, they can be slaughtered wholesale. Much more palatable to eliminate a terrorist state then this liberation bullshit where we fight with both our hands behinds our backs.

Any westerner who is dumb enough to be in that region, knows the risks.

Total War is the ONLY War worth fighting.

perkantino,

If nothing were done, do you see it a possibility that isis could trade oil for weapons with N Korea? I'm sure nothing like that could really happen. right..

Although very far fetched, It is certainly possible. Pakistan has nukes too! by the way, so they don't have to go to Korea. However that far fetched possibility does not warrant action today. Also, having a nuke is one thing. Successfully transporting it to your target is another. So even if they had a nuke, the idea that they could deliver it to us is also far fetched ontop of the already far fetched idea that they ll trade oil for a Nuke, which by the way would be a sh*t ton of oil. A transaction that would be hard to miss. Another thing. Should this happen, our intelligence boys won't even be out of the building to go tell the president that Israel would probably have taken care of such a trade. Because Israel has more skin in the game than us. Sending a Nuke across the Atlantic is not as easy as you think without a rocket program.

The point being acting now, spending a lot of money and lives on some far fetched hypothetical doesn't seem wise to me. Using the same hypothetical scenario, do you think it not possible that a crazy Russian leader will succeed Putin after Putin's death, and shoot his Nuke at us? Then we should invade Russia today because that is a possibility as well. Far fetched, but possible too.

Bottom line, When your intelligence agencies come and tell you the transaction is in the works, then you hit the transport or the transaction. No invasion, no lengthy bombing campaign. Wage war to defend yourself, not to go solve some future problem that has very little chance of coming to your door.

In fact, a few years back the israelis had a similar situation with Syria. high level Syrians flew to North Korea to meet some official. Later Syria started building a nuclear facility in the desert. Some north koreans even flew to help. The american reaction would probably have resulted in an automatic invasion of both countries at once! The israelis however watched the nuclear facilities get built, day after day, and the day the build was complete, dropped some F15s on it. Done!

After that a train carrying nuclear material from North Korea to China, then to possibly Syria after some money was exchanged somehow mysteriously exploded crossing the border in North Korea. Never made the news. No senate hearing or CNN 24 hr bullsh*t about it.

I personally love the idea of ISIS, Let half the population kill the other half. Then when they are nice and concentrated, they can be slaughtered wholesale. Much more palatable to eliminate a terrorist state then this liberation bullshit where we fight with both our hands behinds our backs.

Any westerner who is dumb enough to be in that region, knows the risks.

Total War is the ONLY War worth fighting.

Finally someone with some serious thinking! How about that? Exactly. Let them become a state. If the arabs don't take care of it, and it comes to the point where we have to, it will be much easier and the world will love us for it. It's a win win. Every time these people hide in caves it's hard to get them, we lose a bunch of guys and can't use our technology. A state is perfect! And if in the establishment of that state they wipe Bashar, then we don't have to.
Total War is the ONLY winnable war too! Look at Eurore in the 40's. Fire bombing entire cities. No one complained because the evil was so great. Hiroshima was justified because of the size of the evil. Those are the only wars you will win, wars where you are allowed to throw everything at the enemy. But for that, there needs to be a great threat. Bottom line, if you have to sell a war, you can bet that you ll lose that war.

The problem is: "The home of the braves" has become "The home of...let's freakout and lose our lunch everytime some low tech thugs get a machine gun mounted pickup truck" Really?

Last edited:
After that a train carrying nuclear material from North Korea to China, then to possibly Syria after some money was exchanged somehow mysteriously exploded crossing the border in North Korea. Never made the news. No senate hearing or CNN 24 hr bullsh*t about it.

Brother Mack Bolan preachin' to the choir ...

UM3gTvK.jpg

:rolleyes: