• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sauer SSG-3000

SaepeExertus

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2011
Northeast
I've been looking at the SSG3000 and I was just wondering if anyone one here had any experience with it or details an capabilities. Thanks

Re: Sauer SSG-3000

About a month ago a fella at the range had one. he let me put 5 rounds thru it. It was kinda light, the stock wasn't bad except i couldn't get the comb high enough becasue the bolt would hit it when cycling a new round. It was accurate though. I thought the bolt cycled pretty good. How much do they cost??

Welcome... There have been other threads about this rifle recently. Try a SEARCH and see what you come up with. But in the meantime, the SSG3000 is generally a very nice rifle. Accurate, smooth and well put together. But it is what it is. Not much out there in the way of aftermarket stuff. At least that I could find when I had mine a few years back. I've heard the flash-hider can hinder accuracy. I never removed mine and it shot very well but I was looking at getting another one recently that had the flash-hider removed and the seller told me that was the reason. Could just be BS. You can find them for as little as $2000.00 if you're patient... In decent condition.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Voyagertwelve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cabela's is closing them out for $2200 right now </div></div>

What Cabelas is selling them for $2200? Mine in Scarbourgh ME has one for $3999.00!

We run a Sig Sauer SSG 3000 at the PD. It is superb. Every bit as accurate as my TRG w. factory ammo (BH Match 168 hp.) Ours came used from another area PD that disbanded their SRT. The rifle was a mess... dirty, unkept. Uncleaned. No Log.

After a good cleaning and test run at the range, 1/2" or less groups are common. 1/3rd are not unusual. We mounted a USO T-Pal on 30mm mounts. It's dead on.

What is interesting is that the dope is absolutely dead nuts on with our US Tactical databooks and the 168 military ammo charts. The Mil clicks are perfect out to 700, which is as far as we've shoot it. It's uncanny. Our TRG is very different... but it has 1:11 twist.

We ran the SSG and the TRG at Gastonia a couple of weeks ago and they both were right on (when we were...)

Anyway, I can say these are superb rifles. Scope mounts are a bit funky. But don't hesitate if you can get a deal on one. Great precision rifle.

Cheers,

Sirhr

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbell</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Voyagertwelve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cabela's is closing them out for $2200 right now </div></div>

What Cabelas is selling them for $2200? Mine in Scarbourgh ME has one for $3999.00! </div></div>

Call them and ask them to look it up on their pricing screen. they just reduced the price to $2199.88

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sirhrmechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scope mounts are a bit funky... </div></div>

Get the Spuhr mount and you will have no more worries! Best investment I ever did on my Sauer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sirhrmechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scope mounts are a bit funky... </div></div>

Get the Spuhr mount and you will have no more worries! Best investment I ever did on my Sauer. </div></div>Where would be the best place to get said Spuhr mount? Been having a hell of a time getting one from Sig...