• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

savage 10 fp or fcp ???

supersnake6

Private
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2010
va
bought this gun from dicks. box says model 10fcpxp. its a 20" fluted barrel, oversize bolt handle, 4rd detatchable mag, barrel seems to have a nice crown, accutrigger, no accustock or hs im pretty sure. paid $649 and sold the scope for 50. my friend says its a fp not a fcp, but the box says different. also is there a place i can buy a larger capacity mag?

Re: savage 10 fp or fcp ???

i forgot this to, he said since i bought it from dicks it wont shoot very accurate because they get the barrels cut with the duller reamers? havnt got a chance to shoot it yet, but hope this isnt true.

Dick's doesn't choose what reamers are used, they don't have a choice. They are all cut the same at the factory. And Savage is one of the most accurate out of the box rifles around. Your friend is just trying to make you have buyer's remorse so you will sell it to him cause he is jealous.

FCP/xp should have an HS stock.
I am sure it will shoot just the same as if you bought it somewhere else. I don't think there is any truth to that at all.

Maybe a picture will help?

i sorta thought that. why would savage put junk out and take a chance of hurting their name just to sell for a certain company.ill post a pic when i get my scope mounted, hopfully someone will be able to idenify the stock.this is my first long range rifle ive ever owned and i cant wait to try it out. thanks for the help sniperhide members.

Sounds like a HS stock. I know cabelas sells a choate tactical combo with a DBM, not sure if dicks does also. Post a pic and I'm sure we can help identify it! Welcome to the site.

sharp shooter supply has the only aftermarket mag so far. 9 round.

the 10fp usually wont have a detachable mag. 10fcp will have a detachable mag. the 10fcpxp is listed as the police combo with the lupy scope and storm case. if you paid $650, i doubt it was an HS stock. most likely a choate.

post a pic and we will let you know

what your friend is trying to imply is that the "package gun" that you bought was sold for a cheaper price due to being of lesser quality or not up to the same specs that a sporting goods store would have in stock. tell your buddy to put on his tinfoil hat and put the crack pipe down.

Actually your friend is probably correct. Since you're a fellow Hide member, I'll buy the gun from you for what you paid.
smile.gif

I bought a 10fcp in a Choate stock from Cabela's for about the same price. I got a lot of compliments when I went to the range this past weekend...mostly from the range officers.

Post a pic! It sounds like you got a good deal.