• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 10 PC + barrel work + Tubb's

Texas_Archer

Long-time Lurker
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2009
Houston, TX
I had my Savage 10 PC barrel chopped down to 16" by GAP, installed a AAC Miter Mount, and took it to the range. 168 grain SMK = 3" groups at 100 yards. Federal Match, Hornady Match, etc = crappy groups (this is from a lead sled).

Never shot the gun before having the barrel chopped down (my fault).

Would it be worth it to run the Tubb's Final Finish through it to see if the groups improve?

Re: Savage 10 PC + barrel work + Tubb's

no i would say try shooting it from your shoulder unless you are a terrible shot. sounds crazy but i would give it a shot.

I don't think it's me. I can shoot sub-moa groups with my other guns and did the day I took the savage out. I will remove the miter mount and check the crown. Maybe there is something wrong there or maybe they put the miter mount on to tight.

Theres something wrong. PC's are fairly accurate rifles. might check how tight the action screws are..... after you check the crown of course. lol