• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Savage 10

DresserDan

Private
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2011
Eastern Ks
I ve been reading on here for some time and have found a lot of good info.thank You
Now for my ??? I have a Savage 10 with accu trigger and the forward[next to trigger guard]bolt release. When I close the bolt the firing pin goes down.It only seems to do this if I really put force on the bolt going down.Is this something to do with the trigger?This is a used rifle and I dont have any info on it.Any help would be great

Re: Savage 10

I may be misunderstanding the problem but I think this is a result of the trigger being adjusted too light. Am I correct on this?

sounds right. before you adjust it lighter, clean all the crap out of it/off of it and then oil it and try it again before you lighten the pull. but usually its from being too light.

I can not get the stock off.This has the detacable mag.So is there three bolts that need to come off? Any pictures on this anywhere?

mags out? there should be four screws. one in back of the trigger guard, one under the bolt release (never seen this one in person, cant say how it comes out) one forward of the mag and one last one for the accu-wedge.

fcp-k.jpg

there are special instructions for tightening the wedge on savages site

Thats what I have.Wonder how to get the bolt release off.I guess that is what is hoding it on.I will keep looking.

if all the screws are out, try pushing the bolt release maybe? someone with that style will chime in. there is always the savageshooters.com forum.

you might try on savage's site for instructions or yahoo search?

I could'nt find anything on the Savage page.I will check savage shooters tomorrow. Maybe someone has info on it.

Did you remove the screw underneath the bolt release? After doing that your DBM should come off and the stock as well. Could be wrong though.

Your initial issue is odd, with the accutrigger the hammer should not strike the firing pin even if the sear is released, it will catch the blade safety in the trigger. Unless this is actually what is happening when you say the firing pin goes down.

If that is the case then your trigger mechanism is fine, just needs to be adjusted heavier. Does the trigger feel extremely light if you get the gun to cock?

john, thats where he is stuck. how do you get at that rear action screw with the bolt release over it?

I got it.Had to get a 5th grader to find it.In plain sight if you look for it. Dah
The triger is very light to me.This was a slightly used gun{maybe still new]so I do'nt know anything about it.It seems the more I work the bolt the less it happens.If I push hard down on the bolt it will drop about 50% of the time.I will look at the trigger and clean and adjust it.Thanks for the help

I had the exact same issue with my 10 out of the box. I had to adjust the trigger to solve the issue.

call savage and they will send you the adjuster for free usually. another guy used a valve stem tool. but savage has been good at sending the tool out

I think I got it.Seems to work ok now.I just used a small screw driver to move it.A valve stem remover is too large.I wish I had some way to check it and see what it was and is now.[trigger pull] I hear a bad stoem is coming so it will be awhile befor I get to check it out.Stay warm

soxie, where are you at? im in topeka, how far are you away? same storm but not for a while from the weather reports.