• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

savage 10FCP at Dick's

GSRswapandslow

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2008
North Carolina, Hudson (28638)
so...took the gf shopping today and got lucky enough to squeeze some time in at Dick's to look at kayak's....and, of course, guns and bows. So i was just looking at the general lack luster selection they carry...and was pleased to see the savage/steven's branded Ithica 37..or as they call it, "Stevens 350." I'll have one soon...they're solid guns. Anyways, they also had a very light tan stock rifle..with a DBM i saw...it was a savage of course and looked good. It had an interesting combination of parts:
heavy, FLUTED barrel, no brake
light light light tan stock, non-accustock
DBM
it was $699

best i can tell....is they just took a FCP-K and left off the brake lol I didn't get to measure the barrel, but it was over 20...but honestly looked less than 24". They call it the 10FCP....so that kinda makes sense. Either way, it's a good looking gun, minus the stock...and I'm thinking about using it intead of a regular 10fp for my next project since it's about the same price with a DBM and fluted factory barrel already.

but i was just informing anyone that might be looking for such a gun, since there's not really another factory offering that's the same.

Re: savage 10FCP at Dick's

I do believe you are describing the new 5R offering.

Did you happen to notice if there was a knurled thread protector?

Either way, Savage is coming out with some very exciting products based on listening to the market (cough Remington!!! cough).

I cannot wait to see what 2011 holds or any surprise offerings for the holiday gift market.

its not 5r...i just bought this exact same gun about a month ago..its a 22" bbl...the line of guns are made specifically for dicks so u wont find them on the savage website..im pleased with mine..especially since i got price down to 560...but ditch the junky stock..theres no bedding to it at all..i just put mine in a choate tactical stock and it is the shit!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Staghead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i just bought this exact same gun about a month ago..</div></div>

gunny1.jpg

LOL!! Sorry Bro... I just had too.

DK

p.s. - We would like to see some pics though!!

yes any new offering is welcome. plus thats a model that ive not heard of. nice combo.

here is my take on the fcp vs fp. if you want DBM from someone else like CDI or whoever, get the FP. why pay for some stuff you dont need. if you are ok with the 4 rounders, and waiting forever to get a 9 round from SSS, get the FCP. but either way its not a bad deal. if your even thinking about a barrel swap, just start with a bare action from jim at northland

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just start with a bare action from jim at northland </div></div>

A big +1. Jim is a super guy to deal with, and very fast on shipping!!

DK

The Dicks near me has the Model 10-FCP-K w/o the muzzle brake for the same price. Think it was on sale a month or so ago for $679, but not the tan stock.

Guys,

when you go shopping for rifles at Dick's ask them to look at the "gun book" it has all the brands and models available to order, it has never taken me more than 2 weeks to get one. Their in store selection is always poor though.
grin.gif

well..basically just got lucky...they didnt have any in the back all they had was display model so i asked the kid if he could lower price and his manager said yeah take 10% off..then i filled out the ffl paperwork and the manager came to look it over and turned out the kid had screwed up his section so manager said since i had to fill it all out again to knock off another 10%..so i was like SWEEET!! haha just got lucky really

Congrats on the snag!! I am happy for ya...

But seriously, we are all pic driven here... so some pics with range reports would be most helpful and appreciated!!

DK

ill get around to it eventually...all i have is phone pics for now but i can tell u this...5 shot group waas one ragged hole lil bigger than a quarter at 100yds..with 155gr lapua scenars and 45.2 gr of varget

Work up to 46.5, even 47 grains of the varget and see what that does. You might not yet be in an accuracy node. If you are on your game and the conditions are right, that ragged hole should be covered by a dime, not a quarter...

I handled on at Dick's yesterday, nice but I think one could do better online. The specs:

22" heavy fluted barrel (non-threaded, no brake)
Accutrigger
DBM
Tan standard stock, NOT accustock
$699