• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Photos Savage 10FCP McMillan

Falar

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2009
Midland, TX
Here is my Savage finally complete, did a few mods nothing drastic (yet)

Pillar Bedded
SSS 9rd mag and bolt handle
Badger FTE Muzzle Brake
6-9 S-BRM Bipod w/Pod Loc
Eagle Stock Pack
USO 3.2-17x58mm SN-3

Just need to find the right sling now and I'll be set.

Re: Savage 10FCP McMillan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Handsome-J</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that a McMillan stock? </div></div>

Yes, its an A5.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hue001t</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks good! hows it shoot? </div></div>

Great, I'm seeing the best 5 and 10 shot groups I've ever shot in any rifle. I used a throating reamer to push the throat back about .060" so I can seat the 208gr Amax to 2.980" and still feed from the 3" mag. The external ballistics are great for .308 Winchester (.648 BC and velocities in the 2600-2700 range) and I'm keeping them all under MOA at 100-300.

this rifle is 308 win?? and what are your result using 208 amax?? (is 1/10")?? Thanks and my compliments for your rifle!
wink.gif

thanks! My rifle is 1/11" and barrell si 24" ... you think that,in my rifle, 208 gr are appropriate? i use ever 175 sierra or 170 lapua D46 ...
wink.gif

1:11" may very well work, the author of that thread is using a 1:12" and the 208s are stable. I guess it could vary though depending on altitude, temperature, and initial velocity.