• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 10TR .308 - What is this thing?

I have a feeling you're going to love that rifle. What BBL length did you get?

The version Cabela's sells is a 24" with 1:10 twist. I am very excited with it. Dentist kept me from the range today but tomorrow's looking good.

Same as mine. Try 43 gr of IMR 4064 under a 175 SMK in Lapua brass. I think you'll be impressed ;)
I loaded mine at .015-.020" off the lands and got a sub 1/4" group @ 100 yds

Thanks bruddah. I have been trying to find the length to my lands (10T .308). I first tried finding the measurement by using fired brass with a snug neck however i couldn't get a consistent measurement. I bought a Hornady OAL guage and will measure tomorrow. What did you use to get your measurement?

Thanks bruddah. I have been trying to find the length to my lands (10T .308). I first tried finding the measurement by using fired brass with a snug neck however i couldn't get a consistent measurement. I bought a Hornady OAL guage and will measure tomorrow. What did you use to get your measurement?

Hornady modified case and 175 gr SMK

Just a little follow up, my dental work today got bumped up, so I was able to take about 90 minutes and head to the range. The 10T preformed great. Now a bit of a preface. I am a self taught shooter, who shoots pretty much recreationaly. This is my first venture into serious shooting. Previously it was for fun and make sure my hunting rifles were close enough for me to hit a deer/elk in the wild. Regardless, after 4 rounds of getting the scope dialed in...

First five round group using Hornady Match 168gr Amax

IMG_20140320_153937498.jpg

And my third group, using Nosler Custom Competition 168gr HPBT

IMG_20140320_163417971.jpg

I guess I need to note this is on a 100 yard range. I am happy to say the least. My second group went wonky as I didn't realize I was putting it down onto a few of the shots I was using to get my scope dialed in. Then I made the incorrect adjustment on the scope (went left instead of right) and dropped 2 more rounds into it.

So I'm purchasing bolt gun as soon as my ACOG sells, and it's between a 10 TR and a 10 FCP-K. My understanding of the differences/pros/con is below, which would you choose?

10TR:
24" non-fluted heavy barrel
No brake (would get JEC w/ $$ saved)
bolt handle I like
somewhat decent rail/mount
$615 shipped (from Canada), $715 w/ brake (setup like FCPK)

10FCP-K:
24" Fluted heavy barrel
Decent enough brake
Decent enough bolt handle
Would have to buy EGW rail (+$$)
$800 shipped (through LGS), $850 w/ rail (setup like TR)

So based off of the above description, the TR is looking to be the better option. Only reservation is I trust the LGS more than Canada, and not sure of quality of mount on TR.

What would y'all buy?

The base is standard (0 moa) EGW base, havent heard any complaints yet, but you could eventually google for some to be sure.

On the other hand, if you were up to some LR shooting, you should look for canted base anyway.

Does FCP have an AccuStock and AccuTrigger as 10TR has?
This might be the hidden "quite a difference"...
The fulltang bedding and adjustable trigger are quite impressive in that price range I guess.

So I'm purchasing bolt gun as soon as my ACOG sells, and it's between a 10 TR and a 10 FCP-K. My understanding of the differences/pros/con is below, which would you choose?

10TR:
bolt handle I like

10FCP-K:
24" Fluted heavy barrel
Decent enough brake

So based off of the above description, the TR is looking to be the better option. Only reservation is I trust the LGS more than Canada, and not sure of quality of mount on TR.

What would y'all buy?

Either way I would not pay that amount of money for either rifle. Picked up a few 10TR models for $350, and my LGS carries the FCP-K for $744. I am all for supporting local shops, but not when they decide to have such a high markup.

Both rifles are gtg, get whichever one you can find the better "overall" deal on and call it a day.

They both have the accutrigger and accustock. The fcpk is 730 + tax from the LGS (800). And I've seen a few people grabbing the TRs for 475-575, but since Savage discontinued the model I think the supply is drying up and $600 might not be too bad to pay for one of the last available ones. I'm trying to track down another dealer that might have one in stock. Any links/recommendations would be Greatly appreciated ;)

My 10 TR came with a EGW 20 moa from factory.

Shoot 3\4 inch consistently at 100 wit fgmm.
Stock is Ok nothing special and still better than sps cheap stock. Bedding block.
Oversized Bolt is really handy. Mine is butter smooth, but I've read complain about been gritty out of the box (nothing a good cleaning and lubrification wont cure)
Trigger was to light for my taste +-1.5lbs. Adjusted to 2.5 easily.

Overhall great rifle for The price.

My 10 TR came with a EGW 20 moa from factory.

Shoot 3\4 inch consistently at 100 wit fgmm.
Stock is Ok nothing special and still better than sps cheap stock. Bedding block.
Oversized Bolt is really handy. Mine is butter smooth, but I've read complain about been gritty out of the box (nothing a good cleaning and lubrification wont cure)
Trigger was to light for my taste +-1.5lbs. Adjusted to 2.5 easily.

Overhall great rifle for The price.

Are you sure? What's the product number on the rail? Mine is EGW 109150. I emails EGW and they confirmed that it is 0 MOA

My rail was not enclosed with rifle. When I called to get it sent I went round and round with them thinking I was supposed to get a 20moa rail. Several people checked, including some higher ups, and they all confirmed the 10TR comes with a 0moa rail. And thats what they sent me.

I had a 10TR/20" bull barrel, fall right in my lap two days ago (I got it for free). No scope, no tri-pod, no MB, and in unfired condition. Basically, NIB condition.
Wasn't even sure what it was until yesterday. Went to Savage shooters board, and had it positively I.D'ed.

A fellow on there told me that it's LEO/SWAT only, but a little of the overstock, finds it's way to the outside world from time to time. He referred to it as a "Sasquatch" rifle, as it's not seen often outside LEO/SWAT (in public). He said in good hands, from a bench, it's capable of .5 MOA fairly consistantly. There isn't much information on them, and that's all I have. He DID say it was one of the better American built "Sniper rifles" (I don't know about that, it was his comment). He had nothing but good things to say about it.

I can't really afford the top-notch scope that it deserves to have at the moment, so I'll have to make do with a BSA Deerhunter 6X24X50sp. I doubt my Dad will let go of one of his Unertl scopes. One is mounted on his "Star Gauge" Garand, and the other on his M40 :(.

My 16 yr old Daughter, who's even a bigger gun-nut than I, is the proud owner of it now (Sweet 16 gift), and we've been looking around for a MB, and Tri-pod for it.

I have a real good rifle to compare it with... My Dads issued M40, U.S.M.C. 7.62 NATO(1:12 twist). I'm willing to bet that this 10TR is just as good, if not a little better shooter.

I'm wondering what a little PROFESSIONAL tweaking will do for it.

We'll see! I'll let Y'all know. :)

A question I DO have? Will the magazine from another 10 series rifle work with it?

Thanks, and you have a GREAT board here!

Last edited:
I had a 10TR/20" bull barrel, fall right in my lap two days ago (I got it for free). No scope, no tri-pod, no MB, and in unfired condition. Basically, NIB condition.
Wasn't even sure what it was until yesterday. Went to Savage shooters board, and had it positively I.D'ed.

A fellow on there told me that it's LEO/SWAT only, but a little of the overstock, finds it's way to the outside world from time to time. He referred to it as a "Sasquatch" rifle, as it's not seen often outside LEO/SWAT (in public). He said in good hands, from a bench, it's capable of .5 MOA fairly consistantly. There isn't much information on them, and that's all I have. He DID say it was one of the better American built "Sniper rifles" (I don't know about that, it was his comment). He had nothing but good things to say about it.

I can't really afford the top-notch scope that it deserves to have at the moment, so I'll have to make do with a BSA Deerhunter 6X24X50sp. I doubt my Dad will let go of one of his Unertl scopes. One is mounted on his "Star Gauge" Garand, and the other on his M40 :(.

My 16 yr old Daughter, who's even a bigger gun-nut than I, is the proud owner of it now (Sweet 16 gift), and we've been looking around for a MB, and Tri-pod for it.

I have a real good rifle to compare it with... My Dads issued M40, U.S.M.C. 7.62 NATO(1:12 twist). I'm willing to bet that this 10TR is just as good, if not a little better shooter.

I'm wondering what a little PROFESSIONAL tweaking will do for it.

We'll see! I'll let Y'all know. :)

A question I DO have? Will the magazine from another 10 series rifle work with it?

Thanks, and you have a GREAT board here!

Got it for FREE????!!

Where's mine?? lol

Load data

Out of the 20" 5R barrel I am getting 2600 fps from Fed 175 GMM and around .75" groups. My barrel shoots the 175 Matchking with 41.5grs of Re15 at 2475-2530 fps depending on temp, with groups averaging the same. I just started developing loads with 4046 and with 41.7 grs I average 2580 fps with 10 shot groups of 1 inch. These loads were chrono'd with a Pro Chrono Digital, and groups were at 100yds. I used the Re15 load at a John MCPhee class this fall, and was pleased with the results. I have also used this load with MGM poppers out to 500 yds, and with IPSC 2/3 targets out to 800yds with good results.

Hey buddy I was finally able to get some data compiled. All this data is with 175 SMK, 4064, Lapua brass, CCI BR-2
Savage 10TR 24" model
With
41.5@78 degrees avg 2599
[email protected] degrees avg 2640
[email protected] degrees avg 2661
43.0@71 degrees avg 2715
Best group appeared to be with 43.0 grains measured at .37"@ 100yards 3 rounds

This load will be micro tuned more to come
Shadow 6 out

Hey buddy I was finally able to get some data compiled. All this data is with 175 SMK, 4064, Lapua brass, CCI BR-2
Savage 10TR 24" model
With
41.5@78 degrees avg 2599
[email protected] degrees avg 2640
[email protected] degrees avg 2661
43.0@71 degrees avg 2715
Best group appeared to be with 43.0 grains measured at .37"@ 100yards 3 rounds

This load will be micro tuned more to come
Shadow 6 out

I'm getting ejector swipe @ 43.0 gr of 4064 with the exact same set-up.

Yes they share the same bottom metal as the other 10 series. Try Dark Eagle Customs for a very nice 10rd mag.

Got it for FREE????!!

Where's mine?? lol
A lady friend of mine just recently divorced. She paid for the guns, so she felt at liberty do do with as she sees fit. She gave them to me.

10TR.
Mossy 500a.
7.62X39, Oly AR w/crappy paint job.
Crickett .22.
Henry AR7.
Browning buck mark .22

I gave my Daughter the 10TR, I'm keeping the Crickett,

The rest I'm selling.

10TR:
bolt handle I like

10FCP-K:
24" Fluted heavy barrel
Decent enough brake

What would y'all buy?

Hi all, new guy here, did I read that right? You were going to order one from Canada? I’ve heard of people importing guns from the states to Canada, but I haven’t heard much of it going the other way. Any reason to buy one from up here?

Here's mine, just got new glass for it the other day :)

P8023602.JPG

P8023604.JPG

P8023605.JPG

The Bushnell HDMR barely clears the handguard with the low ADM AD-RECON-SL mount:

P8023614.JPG

Attachments

• P8023602.JPG
    P8023602.JPG
    337.3 KB · Views: 17