• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 11 question

Roadki11

Private
Minuteman
May 29, 2013
near Mexico, TX
So I'm looking at getting a good deal on a Savage 11 with accustock and accutrigger from a friend, but I've looked all over and can't get a straight answer to my question. Are aftermarket parts for the 10 compatible with the 11? The 11 action is based off the 10, right? I'll shoot it stock for now but eventually want to upgrade it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

They are both based on the 110 action, however there have been different versions of that action over the years. Centerfeed vs Staggerfeed and the location of the bolt release(top vs triggerguard).

They are both based on the 110 action, however there have been different versions of that action over the years. Centerfeed vs Staggerfeed and the location of the bolt release(top vs triggerguard).

Ok thanks. I guess I'll just have to play it by ear with parts when the time comes.

The 10 and 11 differ only in finish.

Both were made in stagger feed 4.25 and center feed 4.4" versions. All parts are interchangeable between like versions. Except triggers are not easily swapped between accutrigger and non- accutrigger models. Barrels can be swapped between any small shank receiver, 10 or 11.

The 10 series is almost always a short action and the 110 is a long action. There are way more accessories for the 10 than the 110. If it's new it will be a centerfeed with a 4.4" action screw spacing (preferable in my opinion) than the staggerfeed. Check out savageshooters.com

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

The 10 series is almost always a short action and the 110 is a long action. There are way more accessories for the 10 than the 110. If it's new it will be a centerfeed with a 4.4" action screw spacing (preferable in my opinion) than the staggerfeed. Check out Savage Shooters - Home

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

This wasn't the case until the late 90's. When people refer to the Savage 110, they are talking about all savage/stevens rifles not including the Axis line. From wikipedia.

In 1998, Savage re-engineered the short action Model 110 and adopted a new model numbering scheme to differentiate short action models from the long actions. Thus, the short action Model 110 became the Model 10, while the long action model remained the Model 110. The Model 110 is the basis for the entire line Savage centerfire bolt-action rifles, including the Models 11/111, 12, 14/114, 16/116, and Model 210 bolt-action shotgun as well as the Stevens Model 200. The series is available in a wide array of chamberings, from .204 Ruger to .338 Winchester Magnum, in order to suit the needs of almost any shooter.

If its got an Accustock, its a newish rifle and a centerfeed model.

Yes, all two-digit action models are short actions.

The thing you want to look for is location of the bolt release; the "top" or side release is most common but a number of Savage rifles have switched over to a newer release on the bottom of the stock, in front of the triggerguard. I can only assume this is for asthetic reasons, as it only serves to further reduce the aftermarket available since Savage can't leave shit well enough alone.

Also, the DBM if so equipped; some new Model 11s have the Axis-style plastic DBM built into the stock instead of the older/current mid-high grade steel DBM.

Awesome. Thanks for the help guys. I Should get it Monday or Tuesday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk