• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Savage 110 BA, New 30" barrel.

Wally Pinkerton

Private
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2014
I just got my Savage back after having it trued and re-barreled. I went with a Bartlein 9.5 twist. Had a new muzzle brake put on and re zeroed at one hundred yards. I've used the factory rail (20 moa) and Barrett 'ex-rings'. After a few trials involving spacing with the rings I was able to gain almost all of my elevation travel with my nightforce 8x32, I only lost 2 moa, with a total left over of 64 useable MOA.

This is my group at 1000 yards with the lower left bullet being my dope round, I then adjusted one click (2.6") up and one click right. I shot four more immediately after adjusting and they grouped at 3.4"~.

I understand it's not an official group but having only shot 17 rounds through this barrel so far. I am pretty happy. I'd like you all to chime in, as I don't claim to be an expert.

Thanks
-Wally

I was looking too buy a stock Savage 110 BA in 6.5 Creedmoor and then just decided to build the rifle off the scratch. Just curious how was the rifle grouping with original barrel versus new barrel? I understand yours is in 338 LM