• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 110 Elite Precision 6mm Creedmoor load data help

hd98fxdl

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2020
I just purchased this rifle and I am wanting to shoot longer range with it (up to 1200yds). It has a 1-10 twist barrel. I am looking at the Hornady 110 gr A-Tip bullet but open to suggestions. I was also looking at Winchester Staball 65 powder. I would appreciate help working up the best load for it regardless of bullet and powder.
Thanx

I just purchased this rifle and I am wanting to shoot longer range with it (up to 1200yds). It has a 1-10 twist barrel. I am looking at the Hornady 110 gr A-Tip bullet but open to suggestions. I was also looking at Winchester Staball 65 powder. I would appreciate help working up the best load for it regardless of bullet and powder.
Thanx
Are you sure about that twist rate?

Reactions: hd98fxdl
If your twist rate is actually a 1:10, you may have a tough time stabilizing the 110s as Hornady recommends a minimum 1:7.7 twist.

Double check your twist rate and then you can use this:

And for load data, I would reference a manual with Sta-Ball info. It can be found on the Hodgdon web site.

Reactions: hd98fxdl
After the twist-rate correction, looks as if no one was willing to help.. I don't know if I'll actually help, but look at my 6mmcreed thread...
...for some ideas.. Mine has been succesful with both the Nosler RDF105 and the Berger Long-Range Hybid 109.. I use mostly Superformance and also StaBALL6.5.. Pls let us know how you're doing.

Oh ya...I have a 110 Elite Precision in 6Creed arriving next week.