• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 110 Elite vs Tikka T3 Tac A1

RichardCranium

Private
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2020
Columbia, Tennessee
I've been looking to upgrade my platform and know quite a few people that have the Tikka T3 Tac A1 and they shoot phenomenally well but ive been reading about the Savage 110 Elite and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with both these platforms and what your opinions were. Looking at possibly going .338 Lapua btw.

Richard,

you’ll soon learn two things about the hide faithful: they LOVE tikkas and DONT love savages...... 😉 😆

Let’s see which ones are going to come out of the closet. Lmmfao

I’m not a savage lover but I do run one.
Personally I’d pick the tikka.
You can change The stuff around the action but you’ll never get a savage action to be as nice as a Tikka.

For a 338 lapua that limits your tikka choices drastically.

The Tikka lovers love the smooth action. The savage lovers love that they shoot.

Tikkas keep their resale and have a fair bit of aftermarket items.

The Tikka lovers love the smooth action. The savage lovers love that they shoot.

Tikkas keep their resale and have a fair bit of aftermarket items.
The one plus of savage Over tikka is changing the bolt face is easier and cheaper.

What Steelhead said, have a couple savages and they are as accurate as my custom rifles, they're not as nice to shoot. I actually like the accutrigger and treat it like a two stage, take up the blade and and my .223 is set about 10 oz. :). I also have a few tikkas, they're much smoother, trigger is nice as well.
Like steelhead said the savage is versatile, my .223 has also been a 6.5 creedmoor and a 7 saum. :)
Still, these days I'd pick the tikka every time.

I’d go Tikka, I meant savage, no Tikka, no savage, Tikka, savage, Tikka, savage......

I had a savage 338 (Savage 110 BA). I had to replace the barrel as it would throw the first 1 or 2 rounds about 1 MOA low. I bought it used.

The gunsmith that rebarreled it kept the barrel and tested it with same results. So I’m gona say Tikka based on my experience

Savages, pending you don’t get a barrel like I did, do tend to shoot very well. My barrel once fired would hold about 1/2 moa

Like steelhead said above. Tikka is limited compared to savage. My action on my savage was very sloppy compared to any tikka I’ve handled

Tikka is smooth as butter and Savage is clunky. They will both shoot though in my experience. I've had 2 of each... just my .002.