• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 110 FCP HS Precision 300 Win Mag

SGT TickleFight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2012
Salem, OR
All I can say is holy $H!t. Just got back from breaking in the barrel and had a 3-shot group measure .487" with Federal GameShok. I will be searching for that single ragged hole with handloads.

Unfortunately, it needs a cheek rest even if I had the scope mounted as low as it would go. The last shot out of that group bit my nose due to a bad cheek weld and gave me some serious flinch for the rest of the day (make sure to get your spine somewhat lined up with the gun when shooting from a bench!)

The next group I shot measured 0.919". If I throw out the shot that I am sure I flinched on it measures 0.586"

All I have to say is eat your heart out GAP (absolutely love your work and your guns are true works of art) - I paid $940 dollars for a 1/2 minute gun (~1440 with Millet LRS-1 and good rings - review to follow).

Trigger measures 1 5/8 lbs out of the box and is the Colonel's original recipe, extra crispy. Would not hesitate to carry cocked and locked even though it is light for a sniper trigger. Action is extremely smooth and could run with the best 700s and mausers. I have done zero modifications to this rifle and do not plan on it unless scope bite persists and I want a muzzle brake.

There is some confusion about the configuration. This gun comes with a 24" barrel that is not fluted, no muzzle brake, and no scope rail.

What can I say that Savage has not already said, "This is not your same old Savage!"

Re: Savage 110 FCP HS Precision 300 Win Mag

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SGT Ticklefight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What can I say that Savage has not already said, "This is not your same old Savage!" </div></div>

Out of the box and dollar for dollar, the new Savages are damn nice rifles, the secret is out.

Congrats on the new Savage, you're now a Believer!
cool.gif

Congrats on your 110. I picked up one in 338 in December and it was very accurate out of the box. I had Woody at X-ring do a bed job on it, and the group tightend up even more.

I'm thinking about buying the same rifle, Savage 19627. I'd probably add a Manners stock with adjustable cheek, and a muzzle break, and then call it a day. I've had several customs and a Sako TRG 42, but I think Savage has it figured out and saves us money!

Is the barrel threaded? I am lookinmg at the same rifle to get a feel for adding 300 Win to the calibers I shoot long range. I will ikely pull the trigger on one when I catch it in stock at my favorite wholesaler.

No the barrel is not threaded. Mines been sitting in my safe for 6 weeks unfired, waiting on 30 mm Signature Zee rings to become available. but first I'll be sending it to APA for a Fat Bastard brake, then mounting my Sightron 8x23x56. Very few reports on the rifle, but what I've read shows promise.

No range time as of yet, still sitting in the safe unfired. Hoping to ship it out for the brake soon. To many other gun projects going on, just got the time to get out my F class and FT/R guns out this pass weekend for the first time. It will be a while on my end for a range report, a 6.5x47L showed up the other day, the 300 has to wait.