• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 110 in 300 PRC?

WEATHERBY460

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2011
2 questions, will Savage offer the 110 in 300 PRC next year?

If not, what 110 caliber should I purchase if I want a gunsmith to convert it tp 300 PRC?

Thanks

I've heard rumors... but that's a long ways from anything even remotely actionable.

Personally, I'm thinking when the .300WM barrel on my 110BA (or equivalent 110FCP) finally gives up, it's gonna be 'reborn' as a .300 PRC. Already set up for the loooong CIP mags for .338LM, so 3.7" + OAL is no problem.

I kinda wanted them to field a .300NM version a couple years ago; figured it'd be an easy low-hanging fruit for them, given they already have the receiver w/ mags ready to roll.

Yes, best thing would be to call and ask. If I remember I’ll call and ask a rep Monday

Haven’t heard anything ,but I would assume they would since it’s the new “sniper round and easier to sell to me than a Lapua. I converted a 300 win 116 to 28 Nosler and it is a hammer.. CIP length mags work great with the action so shouldn’t be a big deal for them to do it maybe guys should start asking and maybe they will listen. They need better stocks that’s a given and a decent chassis rifle the stealth chassis sucks...

Not sure on your first question, but any of the long action magnums should just be a barrel swap to go to 300 PRC. 300 win mag, 7 rem mag are two of the more popular examples.

Plenty of pre-fit barrels out there-- I'm not sure what your GS charges to rebarrel a Savage but it might be worth it to look into a barrel vise and Savage nut wrench and just do it yourself.

any of the long action magnums should just be a barrel swap to go to 300 PRC.

From what I've been reading, that is kinda-sorta true...

Yes, a barrel swap is all that it really takes.

But to really let that puppy *run*, you may need longer OAL than typically found in 7mm RM, 300WM guns.

Most of the numbers I've seen have come from Remington style actions, and I don't have a 'regular' Sav LA handy to measure off of, so take this for what it's worth. I've seen 3.650" (or less) cited as a common max mag dimension for a lot of regular LAs, vs. the 3.7"+ for CIP magazines. If you look on some place like accurate-mag.com, there are two very distinctly different sizes available - and that's before you get into the 3.850" OAL CIP mags for .338LM, like on a 110BA/FCP.

I'm guessing the .300 PRC would run just fine from a shorter mag... just seems like you'd be handicapping it a bit right out of the gate.

I talked to Jim at NSS about a SAUM barrel for my SA Bighorn and Jim said that neither Criterion nor Shilen would chamber a small shank barrel for a SAUM, WSM or any other cartridge with a case diameter larger than the body of a WinMag case. Criterion and Shilen will probably make you a 300PRC barrel but it will have to be a large shank action, as Milanuk mentioned the 110 FCP-HS (or 110 Stealth) would be a great place to start since they are large shank actions.

Too confusing, i'm just going to wait till more guns come out in 300 prc, then give it to Bartlein to put a longer stick on it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they do offer a 300prc on a 110 small shank platform is the very near future.