• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Savage 110 Replacement Stock

Kinyocase

Private
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2010
Montana, USA
Hey Guys,

I'm new here, and have been looking over the forum for the last few days. I'm in search of a replacement stock for my Savage 110 30-06 that I can buy for under 300 dollars. I was thinking about going with the Choate Tactical Rifle Stock, but I have the standard barrel. I'm just looking for something to replace my factory stock because my barrel walks in the stock a bit too much for my liking. The front screw holding the action assembly down was tighter than a monkeys uncle so I had to dremel a straight slot, and unscrew it with a screwdriver. Will have to find some replacment screws as well.

Any help is more than welcome, and I really do enjoy looking through this forum. I'm hoping to get to know you guys throughout the next few months.

Kinyocase

Re: Savage 110 Replacement Stock

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ICEHOUSE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bell & carlson makes great stocks </div></div>
This. for under 300$ is probably your best bet. if you can pony up a few hundred more you could get a Manners or even a McMillan...
The savage 110 action is a great one, enjoy your rifle. I happen to have one in 30-06 as well.

B&C would be my recommendation to. Although if you want to try your hand at bedding and some other modifications you might be able to get your factory stock to your liking and then you can save to upgrade to a nicer stock later.

Thanks guys alot for your replies. I had looked into B&C, but couldn't find a good looking tactical stock for my price range. Any of you have a possible link to a site that has them, or does B&C not make Tactical stocks?

I finally managed to get my Savage 110 apart after Dremel use on the front screw. I have the Seperate Centerfeed Blind Magazine, and it seems like all aftermarket stocks are made for the Staggered Feed magazine that is attached to the action. Any ideas on what I should be searching for in this situation. I'm assuming with some work on my part I could make the Staggered Feed stocks work with my Centerfeed.

try stockade if you can wait, You can pick up one of the money saver versions and finish it yourself and they have quite a few styles under $300 in the money savers.
if you cant wait, the choate or b&c will prob be your options.