• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 110 UltraLite 6.5 Creedmoor LH

TexVet7781

Private
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2023
Gatesville, TX
I'm considered a backwards bolt action shooter being a left handed shooter. But I'm ok with that. Since I've been 8 years old, I've been been Blessed to be able to learn about the shooting experience including gun safety, range safety, and hunting safety. Back in the early 60's not often did you hear about LH rifles. So I learned with RH bolts especially with old vintage military mausers. Hard on the shoulder and very heavy for an 8 year old. So I adapt to the RH world and since then I still do.
My question is since I made a impulsive(I hate the fact that I have a weakness for firearms and fishing equipment) buy at BP of a LH Savage 6.5 creedmoor UltraLite without looking into it. I'm understanding that they don't have the aluminum bedding which is important to me for accuracy. The question to ask is what stock is out there for accuracy, LH and that pesky Savage magazine? I have ordered the Snyder SA 10 round magazine which I hope works(since I only have 30 days to refund if there is any problems). What are my options 🤔 for this LH stock? Thank you

If you don`t get an answer(s) to suit you, recommend you take the question to Savage Shooters.com. They are a helpful lot. Matter of fact, you might want to do that anyway just for more responses.

Have you done any load development or shot the thing to make sure you have valid concerns? I assume you bought the ultralight, because you wanted ultralight. I have been surprised at the accuracy of all the savages I have built loads for, including my little cousins clunky axis. Ive been able to get at least slightly sub minute accuracy out of all of them without much hassle, which is better than most of the folks Ive helped can shoot and plenty good for hunting out to 500.

No load development, just bought it the other day. Have not had time to set it up. Since I own a few savages and some are not free float. But I have heard mixed reviews and that they are not aluminum bedded. I know Proof Research barrels are on the better side. I have rifles that have quality barrels that shoot factory ammo sub moa(Dracos, Blackhole, and HS Precision), and they're bedded rifles. I'm just curious if there is decent stocks out there if there 🤔 is accuracy problems as well as doing a load development. Thank you sir for the input really appreciate it.

TV

As another responder alluded to, are you sure you even have an accuracy problem if you haven`t shot it? As you probably know, some Savage rifles may have some issues with some functionalities, but accuracy is not generally one of them. My 110 Storm in .223 and my Model 12 LRPV have been flawless and are stupid accurate.

You are correct in that. Even though I have a MDT chassis for my Savage 6mm arc, even factory ammo it punches accurately all the time. Of course brass is hard to find, but I have been accumulated some brass to reload down the road. I will put this Creed UltraLite through the paces, thank you for updated thread.

TV

I'm use that as well. Since the mid 1960s that is how learned. So I adapt very well as well as being blessed at the age 8 to have taught me how to shoot. Most times they would be vintage mausers, M1 garands, and the good old ruger 1022. That being said I'm an old school shoot'r I was able to not be harassed in basic training and beyond

Reactions: Josebd