• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 110 Ultralite - 6.5PRC - Short action or long action?

Pretty sure it’s coming in both SA and LA. Problem is that they don’t list the action sizes.

Judging by the weight specs on Savages website, it looks like it’s a LA but not sure.

718FF382-532E-4BF1-8566-7FFBBDDA2A3A.png

It wasnt for at first, and then it was as you said, and now it no longer is again.

Savage is fucking retarded for their model number system.
They took a model numbers system was maybe a bit bloated but very understandable and made it a mess causing questions like the Op has.

I have one in 30-06. Outstanding accuracy out of the box. No barrel break-in on day 1 out to 1k.

I have one in 30-06. Outstanding accuracy out of the box. No barrel break-in on day 1 out to 1k.
Can you be more specific on accuracy? Any pics of a target you can share? I am very interested in the ultralight, but need to justify if its worth the expense for accuracy. I am looking for bughole accuracy at the lowest cost possible, and based on the custom builds I am seeing, the ultralight seems to have great potential. Proof is gaining traction in PRS, and I am wondering if this factory build can perform at that level.

Well, as I'm sure you know there are no guarantees but took 5 shots to get on paper/zero, shot cloverleafs off a bipod and rear bag-APA LB G3 brake. Took it out to 800 to develop data and then proceeded to hit 460, 600, 720, 880, and 1040 yards. Shot 94 rounds of ELDX with only a few misses. Ran a boresnake through it and put it away. Extremely accurate and that was my first time shooting to 1k. Wind calls were made by more experienced shooters-a weak point for me that I'll need to work on. No pics.

To compare, also had a new Bergara HMR that I took to 1700 yards, that took about 10 rounds. Liked the 30-06 better with the heavier bullet (178 v 143). The Ultralite was sub MOA out of the box while I had to shoot about 100 rounds for the Bergara to gain better accuracy, around MOA.

I was not shooting for paper, so no targets. I'll take them both out in about a week to shoot paper at 100.

thought i'd revive this thread. Would like to hear some updates on the ultralite. I'm thinking about getting this in 6.5 for the NRL Hunter for the original class. I need total weight of 12.bs or less. I looked at bergara , but most those rifles are in the 9.5 lb range, and that doesn't leave much for a scope and bipod. Also i don't own one, so i would have to buy a rifle and lightweight scope. I already own a half dozen top tier scopes in NF, Kahles, Tract,etc. The ultralite comes in less than 6 lbs. so i would b good to go. Thoughts?

Can anyone with an ultralite in either 28 nosler or 6.5prc measure the distance between the action screws for me? I have a spare mcmillan a3 for a savage and if the action screws are the right distance apart I’ll probably order in an ultralite to put in the stock