• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 110 Ultralite opinions.

Lag1791

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2018
I got a $200 gift card to blow a Cabela's and looking at light weight hunting rifles for my collection. I came across a Salvage 110 ultralight on clearance and in-stock at my local store. with the gift card I can get the rifle for the same price as just the barrel which is a Proof Research 22" CF. I'm not a huge fan of the stock but that could easily be replace in the future. My question is the action, do you think it is worth to check out? Closest store is about an hour from me so don’t want to waste my time.

So, what are some opinions of the salvage 110 actions and the ultralight as a whole.

In before turkeytider letting us all know he sent you a pm since you asked about savage
Don`t do that anymore. Besides, it wasn`t so everybody else would know, just the OP. Sometimes folks don`t notice that they have a message. Why would anybody else take notice if someone sends a PM to somebody else in the first place, anyhow?

I have one, it is quite accurate, stock and trigger get the job done, but are not really good in any way, it has fed reliably, but the action feel is the worst I recall ever using. It was my first Savage, and will likely be my last one.

Reactions: Bandit320