• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos savage 110ba .338 lapua magnum

Re: savage 110ba .338 lapua magnum

That thing is sharp!!! Beast of a muzzle break, Can you even tell when you shoot it?

Savage makes great rifles. I had a 110 in 30-06 and now I have a 10FP Law Enforcement in .308, I shoot Chucky Cheese tokens at 100yrds with it.

Damn that is sweet...cant wait to see it at one of the matches

Does anyone know if the Savage will like 250g or 300g projectiles better? I oredered mine last month and trying to find some rounds. Love the looks of that gun and priced right!

hey mrhaymaker it can take 350 gr bullets when they make them??? it also has a 1:9 twist barrel for heavier bullets. also of note is that savage made the comment that it has the thickest heaviest bolt head they make and after getting it i can say it is.

Haymaker: The 1:9 twist should stabilize most any .338 projectile, but it will be particularly well suited to the longer "slipperier" heavies (300 grain and higher). In my preliminary workups in the 110BA, the new Berger 300 grain bullets have performed admirably.

As a testament to the strength of the new Savage action, in destructive testing, the rifle has withstood well over double the maximum SAAMI chamber pressure before damage was noted.

Darrell

Have my 110BA beast now. Been contemplating what bipod to put on. Any suggestions?

How have you adjusted to the pistol grip configuration? I shot this at a training I went to for Gander Mtn and the only thing I did not like about the gun (aside from the fact that the Savage rep had a badass Vortex Razor on it and never bothered to zero the gun) was how it feels like the stock forces you to pull very high on the trigger if you want to pull it straight back.

I wouldve ordered mine that day if it wasnt for that, I probably still will as I get an insane discount on one of these rifles.