• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 11o bolt problem

PAGhillie

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2010
PA
Bought a used 110 in 30-06 a few days ago $ 234.00 out the door. Got it home and noticed the action was alittle loose on the stock. The problem is when I tighten the screws the bolt handle won't lift? Loosen the screws a little and its fine. Is this normal? This is my first build and I will change the stock out at some point to a tactical.

Bought a used 110 in 30-06 a few days ago $ 234.00 out the door. Got it home and noticed the action was alittle loose on the stock. The problem is when I tighten the screws the bolt handle won't lift? Loosen the screws a little and its fine. Is this normal? This is my first build and I will change the stock out at some point to a tactical.

NO That is not normal shorten the front guard screw and that should fix it.

Been too long since I've looked at a Savage but I'm guessing it's the front screw.

backout the front screw, tighten the rear to spec...test. If all is good, then close the bolt then start tightening the front screw til the bolt starts to bind...open the bolt, then tighten the front screw...count the turns and notice the degree of rotation, simply cut that amount off the screw. Try not to cut off too much so you can keep as much thread as possible.

Will look at tonight and see,could it be that the screws are swapped around?

the back screw is longer than the front screw. I have taken a dremel to some of mine and shortened them to allow bolt head clearance. Its better to go short by a few thousands than to have them be too long.

Ok,so if I pull the bolt out then tighten the screw at the back,I should be able to see it sticking up right??