• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 12 308

fmsniper

1st Sergeant
Minuteman
I recently aquired a savage 308 12 SS laminate, I placed the heavy duty recoil lug, Devcon glass Bed it and reset head space, will shoot it this weekend
P1290795.jpg

P1290796.jpg

P1290797.jpg

Re: Savage 12 308

Looks good! Looking forward to your report. Out of curiosity why did you choose to bed it before shooting it? A lot of guys have had great results as is from the factory without bedding.

Was the head space off or did you reset it for a particular reloading reason?

congrats on the acquisition.

I have a 12fvss .308 with a b&c duramax stock and egw 20moa base. I'm just starting to work my zero out to the 600yd line, the best 6 shot group at 200yd so far is 1.029x.789.

The load is 46grs of varget, win brass, cci primer, and 155gr smk's. Three sub-moa sets on each 100yd allows me to move up to the next 100yd zero. This is off a open rest and butt on my shoulder.

Not doing as well at 300yd yet, got moa but no sub-moa. blue

Good luck with the stick man. I have the same savage in the chaote ultimate sniper stock and is pretty accurate. Don't shoot it much but never wanted to sell it because of it's accuracy.