• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 12 Lrp replacement trigger

jre4192

Private
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2011
Ohio
Im having problems with my trigger locking up when running the bolt hard. From my research this is fairly common on the accutrigger. Who should I look to for a replacement for it?

How light do you want to set the trigger at? You can try SSS Comp. I had one on my LRP12 and was able to adjust it down to around 12oz without any issues. but went back to OEM target accutrigger since I like it that it sort of acts like a 2 stage trigger and also i set up my triggers at 2.5-3lbs even though I've tried the target accutrigger at 14oz without any issues.
I know rilfe basix advertises SAV2 to be adjusted down to 4oz but I personally don't have any experience with it and don't know anyone who has one. Kind of hard to believe that it can be reliably adjusted down to 4oz.

Reactions: NewsShooter
I have two Savage 12 LRP's and put Rifle Basix triggers on both of them. I really like the Rifle Basix triggers, they are adjustable and consistent when you set them. The factory accutriggers would lock up on both of my rifles.

How light do you want to set the trigger at? You can try SSS Comp. I had one on my LRP12 and was able to adjust it down to around 12oz without any issues. but went back to OEM target accutrigger since I like it that it sort of acts like a 2 stage trigger and also i set up my triggers at 2.5-3lbs even though I've tried the target accutrigger at 14oz without any issues.
I know rilfe basix advertises SAV2 to be adjusted down to 4oz but I personally don't have any experience with it and don't know anyone who has one. Kind of hard to believe that it can be reliably adjusted down to 4oz.
It seems that the SSS trigger is discontinued.
I've also read many negative reviews on the SAV2 Basix trigger saying that it won't go anywhere near the advertised pull weight.

I went with the new Jard 3 lever trigger for my Savage after my Accutrigger was doing the same thing. I got the 12oz pull weight setup and I can run the bolt as hard as I can without slamfiring. Single stage pull, but it has a comparable break feel as the original Accutrigger.

Like LA260 I treat the trigger like a two stage, works fine for me. I've had a few LRP's, try adjusting the weight up just a bit. At just over 1 lb you should be able to run the bolt as fast as you'd like. I have a .223 LRP that I put together that is set at about 8 oz right now, but I can't run the bolt fast or it drops the sear. Once you get it where you like it put a drop of nail polish on the threads to help lock it in place. I've had one loosen up in the past.

I had your exact same problem when I owned that rifle and the Timney was a fantastic trigger to use and fix the issue.