• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Savage 12lrp base and rings?

aberbaseball7

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2010
Wichita Falls tx
Got a savage 12lrp and a swfa ss 3-15x42 30mm I'm needing to mount on it. So many options from cheap to expensive. Just looking for some suggestions.

Got a savage 12lrp and a swfa ss 3-15x42 30mm I'm needing to mount on it. So many options from cheap to expensive. Just looking for some suggestions.

My son just bought that same rifle and we will probably be ordering Seekins 20 moa mount and 34mm low rings for his new Atacr scope. You can spend more money but I don't think you can get better parts than the Seekins. Going to order them from SWFA. We've had good luck with them.

I have pict. Rails on all three of my savages. Egw on a 223 and 308, steel ken farrell on a 300wm. All are 20 moa. Tps low rings on the 223 and 308, ken farrell medium steel rings on the 300. I have been happy with them all, and would consider seekins as well. Alot of savage guys recommend Murphys precision also.

Check out savage shooters forum if you haven't already.

Last edited:
Do pic rails fitting Savage Model 10s also fit the 12LRP?
I'm not familiar with that exact model, is it different? I was under the impression with savage it was short or long action, round or flat back. There may other models that I'm not aware of.

I'm not familiar with that exact model, is it different? I was under the impression with savage it was short or long action, round or flat back. There may other models that I'm not aware of.

This is correct information. The Savage 12LRP takes a Short Action round receiver rail. Any 20 MOA offering from EGW, Weaver, Warne, ect will suffice. A little info on rings; if you can't find the height Seekins rings you want see if the same height is available in the Vortex Precision rings. They are made for Vortex by Seekins.

They should, as long as both have the accutrigger. 10/11/12 all have the same scope mount holes b/c they are all short action, only change was when they went from pre-accutrigger to post they changed from an open top to a solid top design.

Ken Farrell. Have them on both my precision target actions. He has them specifically for this action. If you buy something else, make sure you don't get one with a recoil lug. The action is closed top and a recoil lug won't work.

The ocular housing clearing the rail may be a problem, the objective clearing the barrel won't be. When I had Tps super low rings on my savage 10pc, a ss10x42 had to sit back a little further than I wanted so the rear focus ring didn't hit the rail. Those rings were. 820 high. Since I have switched to Tps low rings and an ss 3-15x42 with no issues. These rings are .925 high. I'll put some pix up in a bit when I can.

As promised, savage 10pc, Tps low rings, Egw 20 moa rail and ss 3-15x42.

Attachments

• 20131208_110522.jpg
    20131208_110522.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 20131208_110441.jpg
    20131208_110441.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20131208_110427.jpg
    20131208_110427.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 13

Most, yes, but if the scope rail has a built in recoil lug, no, because the 12LRP has the closed top target action. I have one that I put a Warne 20MOA rail on and a set of American Rifle Company rings that I cannot recommend enough.

Best,
Justin

Because the 12 lrp uses the target rounded action, an egw base will give you a gap between your action and the base. Most egw bases are made for the 10 action which is opened on the top. I did a build off of a target action and ended up using a Ken Farrel base. It blends in much better with the top of the receiver. If you don't mind that gap, egw bases are a little cheaper and they will get the job done.

I ended up with that weaver base and will grind lug off and a set if leupold mk4 rings. Local shop sold me the rings for $110 and base at $30. So I think it will work great. Thanks for the help.

I put a farrel base and seekins lows on mine with a Vortex 6-24.

I used an EGW base on my savage lrp. They make one with a round back that fits perfectly.