• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Savage 20 gauge 220 Bolt. Will A 110 Stock fit?

mortarguy5611

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 20, 2011
stearns county Minnesota
Okay guys i have a savage 220 20 gauge. I want to upgrade the stock, i know its build of a 110 action but is it the same size and everything? will a 110 stock fit if i open the barrel channel? Im thinking of buying a laminate off boyds and bedding it if it will fit.

Re: Savage 20 gauge 220 Bolt. Will A 110 Stock fit?

Thanks Dick ill have to take a look when i get home. I am currently in Kuwait but will be home in a few days for R&R. I was hoping to figure out if it would work so i could order one and use it when i get home. If the Action screw spacing is the same i figure all i will have to do is inlet for the mag and possibly open the barrel channel.

Actually I just remembered we do have the programming for the Savage 220 and the guard screw spacing is 5.060", same as the 110 action.

Mortar - what did you end up doing? I am just finishing up a project where I put a Savage 220F into a Boyds Thumbhole stock for a 110 action. Just had a lot of inletting to do, opened the barrel channel and followed the guidance on this website and bedded the action. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures, I'll get some up...

HuntingBronco I actually have a 110 thumb hole stock from boyds sitting at home as well. I am deployed right now so i will have to wait till i get home to inlet it but thats the plan. i think for 100 dollars plus some inletting and barrel channel opening and some bedding it will be a hell of alot better than the factory tupperwear. I guess i couldnt justify a McMillan for my Slug gun. How did yours turn out?