• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 22lr BV?

callen3615

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2010
Peidmont, NC
Anyone have any opinions on this model? I know its not tacticool but Im looking to get a new bull barreled 22lr soon but I want the most accurate one I can find for around 300$. I have a cheap MK II but it struggles to keep 1/2 inch groups at 50yds, usually closer to 1 inch if you count flyers and cold bore.

I was wondering if the BV is more accurate that the plastic stock models, or am I fooling myself?

http://www.chuckhawks.com/savage_markII-BV_rifle.htm

Re: Savage 22lr BV?

That is essentialy what I'm going for with the new Boyds target/hunter stock on my FV. So yes I believe it will help with accuracy, as you wont have all that flex in the stock.
Eric

i have one, and is nice. laminated multi colored wood grey stock.

i was going to the boyd's tacticool stock thing to it, but it's too purty to do that to, plus it's the only one i have left with a wood stock on it.

it's the same action as your other mkii, with a heavy barrel on it. mine is the whole pre E / accutrigger model with the "step" in barrel as the one in your link, but i believe the new ones do not have that, and are slightly lighter than the pre E.

it does have some weight to it, something i would not want to wield in the squirrel woods, but it is at home at the range.

MKIIBOLTSIDERANGE.jpg

MKIIBOLTSIDERANGEQUARTER.jpg

MKIISMOOTHSIDERANGE.jpg

MKIITOPFQUARTER.jpg

however i'm at odds --- as much as i love it, i am toying with the idea of selling it and picking up a Marlin 22xtvr

That is a beautiful rifle you have there top! I have the more Maple looking one, although I was looking at the grey stock, mine was kind of impulse buy on Black Friday. Had to have it haha.

Shoots real well! Better than me so far, but we'll see how much that improves with a bi-pod.

Haven't paid enough attention to cold bore yet I guess, so I can't help ya much there. I'd definitely suggest it, for the price it can't really be beat!

Cool deal guys.

TOPPREDATOR-If you want to sell it I might be interested.

Thanks for the help guys.