• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Savage .308 Work In Progress

Re: Savage .308 Work In Progress

Very pretty rifle.

How do you like that grip? I've been thinking about putting one on my boltgun chassis but I couldn't decide on the one with the palm rest or the one without.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice, xlr? </div></div>

Think that might be a JP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolvenhaven</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very pretty rifle.

How do you like that grip? I've been thinking about putting one on my boltgun chassis but I couldn't decide on the one with the palm rest or the one without. </div></div>

Good question! I pulled this exact grip off my DPMS SASS and replaced it with a Magpul MIAD because I wanted it to be more multi-purpose and it's not as friendly to funny holds or transitions.

I bought a MIAD to swap it out, but having fondled it some, erm, I mean "carefully dry fired it to analyze it's usefulness" I can see it has at least some appeal. Really I need to get some lead out of it and see what I think.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice, xlr? </div></div>

Think that might be a JP </div></div>

Yeop, it's a JP. Very impressed so far, although it ain't light.

nice looking and nice to see another savage stock choice

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jfd0913</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sweet looking rifle. </div></div>

Thanks!

Will be getting a Razor HD, rails, a new bolt handle, maybe a dura coat job, and sharing an Atlas bipod with a few other rifles.

Couple of recent pics of this rifle. Still shooting great.

4ene6a8a.jpg

yhepymuq.jpg