• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes savage 338 lapua & vortex viper PST - Update

muscles

Private
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2005
ut
just wanted to give a quick update...

you all helped me make the decision on scope, base & rings so i wanted to follow up with the results. i ended up going with the viper pst, even though the night force nix was heavily recommended. my thought process on this was to save the extra funds for ammo and practice. if i face limitations down the road, i will upgrade and move the pst to my 30.06.

i purchased a 30 moa murphy base and seekins rings based on your recommendations as well. both are great!

here is a pic of the rifle/scope/mount and a pic of my first group after sight in. the group is MOA, and I'm sure i can do better with practice. can't wait to move out to distance. now, on to the reloading subform for advice.
IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

Re: savage 338 lapua & vortex viper PST - Update

not bad at all. i fired 20 rounds the first outing, and the weight of the rifle in combination with the muzzle break really tame it down.

i will say this...the recoil is definitely lighter than my lightweight savage 30.06 that i hunt with, however its probably close to 1/2 the total weight.