• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage 93R17 Mag Problems

HajjWhisperer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2012
STL, MO
My grandpa has one of these rifles and the magazines are constantly giving him problems, he has two right now and both of them are crap. The follower and spring aren't the greatest and they'll frequently eject all of the rounds out of the magazine. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, what did you do to take care of it? I looked for aftermarket mags and didn't find any and wanted to see what people thought on here before trying our luck with new factory mags. I think the rifle is around 3 or 4 years old. Thanks

Re: Savage 93R17 Mag Problems

I took a pair of channel locks and lightly bent the tabs at the rear of the mag in. It works fine now.

Re: Savage 93R17 Mag Problems

I've had the same probelem and used the same solution successfully. There is a SS mag available that's made from a thicker gauge of steel. The feed lips dont spread and I've never had the "fountain" effect with it.