• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Savage 99C lever action 7-08

JWV

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2009
Mich State Univ, East Lansing
A friend of mine has one of these rifles which turns out to be pretty rare especially since it is a 7-08. He is looking to sell it and was curious to your guy's opinions. It is in relatively great shape. The only flaw I found was very slight rust on the action. Otherwise, it is perfect. Not bad for a rifle that has seen the woods every year for decades. I think he mentioned a price around 500 or so. What do you guys think?

The 7mm-08 Remington was legitimized as a factory cartridge in 1980. Before buying the gun I would verify the serial number to be sure it has not been rebarreled. I have seen references that show Savage did indeed make the M99 in 7MM-08 but one stated it was in 1965, which could not be correct. The round was a true wildcat then with many versions and you would be buying a big headache then.

I Recently picked up a 99E in 308,20" barrel,really nice,for $500,IMHO,the price is about right...I love mine

I would be interested in his rifle if it goes up for sale. Please PM me if it does. Thank you.